“A disappointment on all levels.”
Review of Driftwood Take Out

Driftwood Take Out
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Berwick
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2017

We attended this restaurant searching for a family style menu. I found it quite difficult finding anything that wasn't fried and/or lacking colour. My husband was looking for and ordered lasagna. It arrived void of any filling and consisting of approximately 12 layers of noodles.
My one child ordered Mac and Cheese. I said aloud, "For $10.00, this had better not be KD." Not only did they bring us KD, but it was maybe a 1/2 cups worth. To top that off, she found a long, nasty hair in her $10 KD.
I would've loved to have addressed my issues with the server, but she didn't come around to quality check. Needless to say, we left unhappy and starving. Thank goodness for dessert elsewhere.

(Also note: the actual menu prices don't jive with what is listed online. More expensive and overpriced in person.)

1  Thank Candiana

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We always enjoyed going to the old restaurant in its previous location. This place now is larger but not as cozy as the old one. It also seemed dark, with the air conditioner on full tilt -- cold! Food is ok, but pretty standard fare.

1  Thank AK8397
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Came here for supper on Saturday. Our meals were really good, we had spaghetti and meatballs and all-day breakfast (eggs/toast/ham/hash browns). There were probably 7-8 meatballs and lots of veggies in the sauce (usually you are lucky to get 3 meatballs) and the size of the slice of ham with the breakfast was huge. Everything about our meals was good. The only complaint I have is the website said the breakfast meal was $7.49 and when we got there the menu said it was $9.99 which was misleading/false advertising. Overall the service was good.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

So my family came to town and we decided to all go out to eat at the driftwood. I was a little cautious as I had heard about this place recently. They constantly get bad reviews. I gave it a shot anyhow... what a mistake.
We were all disappointed. We all thought that it was over priced and the food was like something out of a homeless shelter. No taste. I see the many microwaves they have for re heating everything yet, my food was still quite chilled. The fries weren't anywhere near cooked. They were white, rubbery strips of raw potato. My husband had spaghetti. It was a half frozen mess of sauce on a plate. It was not appealing. Very disappointed.
And what makes this really bad is... it wasn't busy. If it's that bad when there's only a few customers I'd hate to see it during busy hours. Our waitress looked like she had been crying in between serving us. Actually, all the servers seemed to gather at the front and talk. I'm just guessing but there seemed to be a lot of bickering among them. Not very professional. The Least I can say is I will DEFINETLY NOT be back.

1  Thank mary-beth74
Reviewed 20 July 2017

I love their Eggs Benedict . I haven't had anything there that wasn't delicious. The conversion from old town fire to restaurant is amazing,keeping a lot of the nostalgia makes it a special place to dine.