“Wow”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

So my family came to town and we decided to all go out to eat at the driftwood. I was a little cautious as I had heard about this place recently. They constantly get bad reviews. I gave it a shot anyhow... what a mistake.
We were all disappointed. We all thought that it was over priced and the food was like something out of a homeless shelter. No taste. I see the many microwaves they have for re heating everything yet, my food was still quite chilled. The fries weren't anywhere near cooked. They were white, rubbery strips of raw potato. My husband had spaghetti. It was a half frozen mess of sauce on a plate. It was not appealing. Very disappointed.
And what makes this really bad is... it wasn't busy. If it's that bad when there's only a few customers I'd hate to see it during busy hours. Our waitress looked like she had been crying in between serving us. Actually, all the servers seemed to gather at the front and talk. I'm just guessing but there seemed to be a lot of bickering among them. Not very professional. The Least I can say is I will DEFINETLY NOT be back.

1  Thank mary-beth74

Reviewed 20 July 2017

I love their Eggs Benedict . I haven't had anything there that wasn't delicious. The conversion from old town fire to restaurant is amazing,keeping a lot of the nostalgia makes it a special place to dine.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

The waitresses are fantastic and the portion sizes are still good but the price has risen steadily. Owner doesn't allow people to order say one egg unless they're a senior, unless of course you get an egg as a side but how stunned is that. They also just took one of their best selling soups off the menu. I've decided to boycott the place.

1  Thank dwightsawler
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Love the space! Appreciate that the old fire hall was put to good use and honoured. Staff is friendly. Food prices have gone up quite a bit recently and you can no longer get the DRIFTWOOD BURGER! Kitchen is lined with microwaves to reheat your food which, depending on your order, is normally frozen. My friend and I ordered the meatloaf and although it was tasty it was frozen in the middle. Disappointed. Miss the food from the old restaurant :(

1  Thank kookiekoalas
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Had lunch there service was excellent the place was very clean my wife had the soup special I had fish and chips both meals were very good we will be back