“Just how bad can you make breakfast”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Seal Island Motel and restaurant
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Pretty bad. We should have been warned when we drove in the parking lot and the sign read "Under new management" and there was only one car there. But, we thought, what the heck, it's only breakfast. The "Experience" started with there being no utensils. When they finally did arrive (after 10 minutes wait), I noticed there were no two pieces of the same design. It looked like they bought them individually at a garage sale. However, we were not daunted and ordered breakfast with coffee. When the coffee arrived, it had been allowed to sit on the burner soooo long, it was undrinkable. Hence, we told the waitress and said, tea would be fine. When the tea arrived, it was teabag soaking in tepid water. I noted this to my finance who confirmed hers was the same. When we asked the waitress, she said she didn't understand as she poured it straight from the kettle. She pointed to the warming pot on top of the coffee maker. At the same time, our meal arrived. Eggs cooked so hard they had to be cut with a knife, processed ham loaf was what passed for ham and the fried potatoes were not cooked and starchy. Even the toast was soggy as it had not been toasted properly. The bacon was good, all two strips of it and the water tasted fine. It was so bad, we actually had to laugh about it as it almost seemed like a bad SNL skit. I won't get into the décor which has a ceiling hanging with hundreds of mugs. Now before you think this is typical from a guy from a big city visiting a small rural area, I am actually from that area and spent 40 years there and even as a local, I can tell you this would never fly. I suggest the new managers look for "Newer" management.

Been to Seal Island Motel and restaurant? Share your experiences!