“High quality baked goods. I’ll be back for sure!”

True Grain Summerland
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Summerland
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: True Grain is an Old World-inspired European bakery where the craft of the Miller and Baker are honed and cherished. Our passion is creating fresh, local, organic, handcrafted bread & pastries. We're a family owned bakery with locations in Cowichan Bay (2004), Summerland (2012), and Courtenay (2017), and proud to be recognized in Huffington Post's 2016 list of "Top 20 Bakeries in Canada".
Reviewed 25 November 2017

My first ever visit to Summerland was for the 30th Annual Festival of Lights. I stopped in to True Grain Bread just in search of a cup of hot tea and ended up staying about 1/2 hour and indulging in a gingerbread person as well. The bakery is quite charming, has a few tables and sofas and a good size washroom.The staff was extremely busy but it did not stop them from being very friendly and welcoming. I was very impressed with the quality of the baked goods they had to offer. Lots of whole grain rustic type breads, beautifully package cookies, and assorted bags of different types of flour and mixes. I didn’t realize until I looked at their website later that they bake everything with Organic B.C. grown grain. I’m looking forward to stopping in again on future drives between Kelowna and Penticton. Thank you to everyone working that evening for being so kind despite the backlog of hot chocolate requests. Your effort was appreciated!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Stopped for coffee when we drove into Summerland to look at antiques stores. The coffee was fine and the service was adequate. It is counter services and we were behind one of those people who take a long time to decisde what they want and then dig through their wallet for exact change. We also bought some cookies which were very tasty.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

people drop in for coffee and collect their bread and baked goods, meet friend and have the amazing Sophia hug your bread and send it off with love. Ask her to recite one of her food poems for you. Try the cheese twists or the ginger bread cookies.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I don't think I've ever spent less than $25 when I visit. I can't leave without at least one loaf of bread, some cookies, and one or two of whatever pastry is on display. Everything I've ever ordered was delicious. But seriously, bring cash!

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The cinnamon raisin bread and from True Grain Bakery is the best ever! Actually, the croissants and cookies are excellent too - frankly, it's all delicious and, best of all, it's healthy too! Great staff who are happy to explain the products. Great coffee too!