“Worst Experience Ever”

Pleasantview Motel & RV
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Summerland
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I will preface this review with the information that it was a last minute booking during a long weekend so I took what I could get.
That said, this place is a complete craphole. I was charged a rate (through booking.com no less) of $282 for two nights. I have stayed in truck stop motels for $40 that compared to this place would be 5 stars.
Although the room was horribly run down and dirty, my wife and I were willing to "suck it up" for two nights to enjoy the region. However, when she became quite ill that night we decided to head home the next morning. No one available at reception 700am. When I tried to call the motel later that day to explain and ask for any possibility of getting the second night reimbursed he essentially called me a liar saying why didn't you go to the hospital instead of going home. Complete disrespect and rude.
All in all. Terrible place. Terrible management. Stay at your own risk.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Steve R

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I cancelled my reservation weeks in advance but the owner pretended he didn't know about the cancellation. When talking to him on the phone he started yelling and screaming and at one point said, "You tell lie, you die soon!" Beware and stay away!

Stayed: July 2017
5  Thank channelchum
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

It was so dirty even fresh urine on the toilet rim. Walls running with age old sweaty dirt. The coffee pot was never cleaned. Mirror in bathroom still had toothbrush splatters and the others were filmy with grime. I got the owner and he didn't get the room cleaned up and the apparently insulted cleaners wouldn't even look at me they just ignored me for the time there. I had nowhere else to go. I emptied my own garbage and wore shoes in the shower. I'd sleep in a ditch before going back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank mark d
Reviewed 18 July 2017

This place says check in at 12 . NOT!!! I booked this one because it STATES "Check in: 12:00. When we got there, there was no one on site. I called the number and spoke with Walter. He told me we couldn't get a room until 3. I was devastated as the wedding we travelled for was at 3:30. Walter hung up on me twice. He was very rude and unacommidting. . We had to get another motel. Walter called me back and told me he was charging my Visa for the one night for 3 rooms, thank heavens I cancelled my visa because the bank told me he tried twice to charge my visa . Summerlnd Moel was GReAT. Clean big rooms and very accommodating.... Go there ... Not Pleasant View.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank judym732017
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We made a reservation several weeks ago for late August and cancelled with six weeks notice. In spite of being within the terms of the cancellation policy a refund was denied. There was no attempt to provide a resolution.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple