See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed with family of 5 had room with 3 double beds. Checked in no tv,microwave,shower curtain front desk lady tried to bring us us another Tv it did not work. Ended up giving us an additional room with 1 bed Inconvenient for family. Breakfast underwhelming 1 staff to look after kitchen and front desk. Staff tried but overwhelmed. Asked for discount but no manager to approve on site. Disappointed for sure on this hotel experience.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jbondrock
GMProvost, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Provost, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

I am so sorry your recent stay with Canalta Provost was not all it should have been. You should never have been put in the room you were as it was temporarily out-of-order due to the missing amenties you refer to. Our Guest Servie Agent also should have moved your family to another room that would have accommodated your needs. I recognize it was a busy weekend for the hotel when you stayed due to a number of ball teams in house, but each guest should be treated with legendary customer service. We certainly will monitor our staffing levels more closely in the event of increased occupancy, and we have empowered our team members to negotiate rooms charges when guests experience less than our very best in guest service. I do hope you will give us another chance!

Reviewed 15 May 2016

Friendly staff , good location ( A&W next door , gas station and Subway ) , good breakfast variety , new looking on the outside , very clean and modern inside . Rooms are great , modern and clean ! Bottom floor has outside entries on the rooms for easy access . Laundry facilities work well and there is a hot tub as well .

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
GMProvost, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Provost, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Thank you Ron for your kind comments re Canalta Provost. It is always nice to hear when our hotel meets our guests' expectations. We are pleased you noticed the recent exterior face lift to our property. Other guests may find your referecne to local amenities helpful also.

Reviewed 14 October 2015

We had intended on staying at this hotel for about 2 to 3 months however we cut our stay short after about 10 days. The rooms were dirty; chips and M&M's on the floor when I checked in, not to mention the mud. Everything in the room was dusty. Pulled the seat cushion off the chair....pretty gross! Most of the hotel staff were rude (not all but most of them); seemed like anything you asked them was such a burden on their time. Took 3 days of asking to get my room cleaned; by then I was out of toilet paper, Kleenex, coffee and my garbage cans were really full. When I talked with the front desk staff, just seemed like normal business to them. We were having breakfast one morning an noticed some mold on the bread; I talked to the girl working and she just literally shrugged it off and walked back to the front desk where she continued to play on her phone! I went through their bread, bagels and muffins and tossed most of it in the garbage....completely moldy! Towards the end of our stay, the hotel was full of rail workers....great for business but their conduct was less then appropriate for being in a hotel. Breakfast time (530 am) consisted of a dozen or so of them in the breakfast area where every second word out of there mouth was a swear word; certainly not a place I would take a woman or kids. Not only would the girl working not do anything about it, but she would basically join in and nearly fall over herself flirting with these guys....really professional! Got pretty sick of this place after 10 days and cut our stay short by about 15 days; we also backed out our reservations on 3 rooms for an additional month or so. Last but not least, upon checkout, the girl working the front desk proceeded to add up our length of stay and the amount we owed....on her fingers! She actually was counting on her fingers and writing on a piece of paper! I questioned her on it and the use of their computer system and she said "she didn't know how to use the computer and wasn't very good at math!" She asked us to double check her calculations and it was a good thing we did as she was out by about $3500 on 3 rooms. I stay in hotels about 250 (+) days per year for business....this was absolutely ridiculous! Price point was way out of line too; gouge the customer I guess. Paid $160/night for a standard room....ouch

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Bob S
GMProvost, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Provost, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Our guests' comments let us know how very important it is to understand where we need to improve. My sincerest apologies for your experience during your recent stay. I immediately addressed all of your concerns with my team and have made the necessary corrections. Again, my apologies and I hope that if you are in Provost again you do choose to stay with us so we can show you our true hospitality.

Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The rooms were big and the beds comfortable. The continental breakfast was huge and very good. The people at reception were always helpful and quick to serve. I would highly recommend this place if you are staying in provost.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
GMProvost, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Provost, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2016

It is with regret I must confess to the unnecessary delay in responding to your incredible comments re Canalta Provost. It is always heartwarming to know someone enjoyed their stay and to learn they appreciated the service received. Thank you for recommending the Canalta Hotel Provost to others!

Reviewed 17 July 2015

The room was spacious and loved the kitchenette area so we could keep out own snacks. Room was a bit pricier than I would have thought. But a good place to stay the night. The breakfast was good in the morning as well.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Belatedly I wish to thank you for your kind comments re Canalta Provost when you stayed with us last Jul. We do hope you will have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future.