Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$102
Hotels.comUS$102
FindHotelUS$102
eDreamsUS$102
TravelocityUS$102
PricelineUS$102
All reviews the owner nice breeze walking distance from the airport dining table an affordable price debbie apartment bedroom ac sofa iron hangers
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 December 2019

I have only just returned from having a wonderful time in Grenada with my daughter. We stayed at La Heliconia which was extremely near to the airport... so near... that for our departure, we walked to the airport! The hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating and any requests made of them were dealt with in a timely manner. The only hiccup we experienced was lack of water on two occasions but it returned later in the night, and a mal functioning iron which was replaced. I also did not like the steep pathway to get to my room, but apart from this, we enjoyed our stay there and the pool was fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 118annmaried
Debbie Bishop, Owner at La Heliconia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2020

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
We do sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused during your stay, however we're happy to know you enjoyed your stay and hope you choose to stay again!

Reviewed 16 September 2019

Do not stay here.. my problems with the resort started as soon as we arrived. There was construction going on and I was placed right near the construction and Also was greeted with a pile of dirt right outside my window. When I brought my concerns to the owner she promised me the construction was ended the following day needless to say every morning I was awaken by drilling and hammer sounds. The water in the shower often goes out and they have a bucket inside the bathroom just in case it happens so you can dump water in you if your in the shower.. my husband and I found this out first hand. Some might be wondering why I waited this long to write a review..initially I was not going to write a review. It a friend of mine is traveling to Grenada and asked me about this resort. I explained the entire debacle to him and then realized I have an obligation to advise other travelers about my experience as well. I felt the owner was extremely unsympathetic towards my needs and did not care about the inconvenience she caused me.. she finally offered to change my room the 2 days before I was leaving even though I wanted to change my room the 2nd day but agreed not to since she assured me the construction was ending. My suggestion.. stay somewhere else

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2019 via mobile

Friendly and passionate owner providing excellent customer service and often goes the extra mile for each of her guest at anytime early or late.
So good I had to return!
Clean AC appartments, free wifi and to my delight a brand new swimming pool. The location and local amenities and nearby beach within walking distance made my trip another success. Good value for money and excellent staff. I'll be back next year because you're ever so accommodating ... thank you so much!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Shirley N
LaHeliconia, Front Office Manager at La Heliconia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2019

Good Day Shirley,
Thank you for our kind words.
It was a pleasure serving you. see you again next year.

Reviewed 26 June 2019 via mobile

Needed a place close to the airport for two nights.
Clean place, friendly helpful staff.
Great for the price and free breakfast.
AC in bedroom.
Would happily stay again. Had a rental vehicle Nice beach only two minutes drive

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
LaHeliconia, Front Office Manager at La Heliconia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2019

Good Day,
Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 6 March 2019

I am really sorry but there was absolutely nothing I liked. I am trying to be honest and I am not a person who writes a review for the sake of it. I rarely write reviews but this was not a property I could recommend to anyone and I think that travellers should know.
The shower was a disgrace. For the 4 days of our stay only one person got hot water for a single shower. I had to wash my body and hair using the sink. No mat in the bathroom. The pull-out sofa bed was dirty. No matches for the gas stove. Location was terrible - very near the airport. The driveway to the car park was so steep I damaged the underneath of the front bumper / fender of the hire car. Building work outside the front door which starts around 07:30 each morning, so forget about a lie in. Traffic on the highway at the front of the hotel can also be heard very early. Room was not cleaned on the second day.

Room tip: You need to be at the front of the site, but even then you will still hear the building work. There are no good views from any rooms
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
LaHeliconia, Owner at La Heliconia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2019

Good Day,
Sorry you had so much problems in your apartment! We run our hot water on sola! There is always hot water unless it broke down! but is was ok as no one else mentioned they didn't get hot water!

I wish you brought these concerns to my attention while you were here and I could of rectify most of them!

Regrds