US$50
  • Bar/Lounge
US$58
Casa Berito y Margarita la Campestre(Vinales)(Great Value!)
US$26
Anay's Valley(Vinales)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewshis wifeclimbing triproom upstairsplace to staybig roomprivate terraceair conditionedclimbershousecasataxicubahostporch
Reviewed 29 March 2017

I stayed at Casa Oscar for a weeklong climbing trip with friends. The two women and Oscar were very friendly and hospitable - the breakfasts were filling and the bathrooms clean. I loved the deck area upstairs, great for reading or just hanging out. Highly recommended if you're climbing in the area - you're likely to meet other international climbers staying at Oscar's place. 5 min walk to the main part of town.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Leydisbel, Manager at Casa Oscar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our home, our objective is that our guest feel like home in a natural and warm environment. Thank you and we hope you will repeat your visit. Best regards from Oscar and family.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Oscars place with three other friends for a climbing trip. Oscar, his wife, and his staff are great hosts and bent over backwards for us. The rooms and grounds are kept very clean. The food was well prepared and tasty. Oscar helped get whatever we needed in town. Highly recommend.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank cwl421
Reviewed 9 January 2017

highly recommended. great food. many casas in the area are smaller and do not offer communal space for visitors, casa oscar has a beautiful upstairs deck for visitors. The food is great and the owners and staff very welcome. I was there over new years eve, Oscar and his family welcomed my friends and I to their party with open arms. The house is close to the town and all surrounding transportiaton/ things to do. Many of the guests are rock climbers so if you are in town to hike or climb, casa oscar is the place to stay.

Speaking some spanish is recommended.

Room Tip: be very clear with your travel plans before arriving.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alexis K
Reviewed 11 November 2016

This is the best Casa in Vinales and I can just thank you Oscar again and again for all his helps. I can just share my own story.

I had an accident in Vinales. About the accident, it was just my own false. I went to the cave (Cueva del Indio) in Vinales. After entering the cave, just 2 steps then I was falling down. It was really slippery and I wasn't careful enough. And someway somehow a stone cut my finger and it was also broken.
It sounds horrible, bad experience, and bad holiday, right? However, I don't feel that way. It was my own mistakes. I have seen and learned a lot from this situation. I have seen how wonderful, beautiful, nice, and friendly people in Cuba are. They helped me from the first place, tried to do some first-aid treatments, told me where the hospital in the village is. Then, I was biking back to the village (6 km far away). At the hospital, they couldn't do much things, just X-ray my finger and found out it was broken. Then, they called Oscar and told me that I had to go to the bigger hospital in the city (Pinar del Rio) which is around 20 km far from the village. Oscar and I went there. He helped me a lot, took me here and there, talked to the doctor (I can't speak Spanish). Finally, the wound (approx. 2 cm) was stitched. And my hand is in the plaster cast, even though only my finger is broken actually.
I travel alone in Cuba and I can't speak Spanish. So, I feel so much thankful to all people who helped me, especially to Oscar. I don't know what should I do to thank them. So, I just write down this story and share it. Cuba is a nice, vibrant, wonderful, and amazing place to visit. I still enjoyed and had a great time there. People are really really nice and friendly. I can just recommend you to visit Cuba and if you want to come to Vinales, Casa Oscar is the best place to stay, just feel like home.
Casa Oscar
Address: Calle Adela Azcuy 43
Vinales, Pinar del Rio
Tel: +(5348) 695516

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Kaninov B
Reviewed 8 October 2016

Would recommend Casa Oscar, if he doesn't have space then they will find you a room with the extended family... The Casa is an oasis with a great patio and various terraces hidden behind the house (If you arrive an no one is there, just nip down the side passage and you'll be greeted with open arms!).

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo