“If you want a modern, yet cosy place to stay with...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Simon P
“If you want a modern, yet cosy place to stay with AMAZING views then book this”
Reviewed 4 April 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

I have known Porthmadog and the area for over 30 years, from going on holiday as a child with parents to going there by choice as an adult.

It had been a few years from my last visit and I wanted a break to clear my stress, so decided to re-visit. Did the TripAdvisor research and couldn't really see any hotels that I wanted to stay at (apart from the Portmeirion, but that's at a 5 Star price). So decided to see if there was any really good accommodation near the Harbour.

I found 2 apartments in an old converted building called the Cornmill. One was a 3 bed called the Captain's Penthouse - liked it very much, but as there was just the 2 of us didn't need 3 beds, so opted for the Harbour Suite with 2 beds (useful for my partner when I snore - lol).

It's a good sized apartment with great facilities - all high quality. I think this must have been a recent refurb as it seemed new. Great TVs in lounge and bedrooms. Large walk in shower in the bathroom and 2 excellently presented bedrooms.

Apart from the modern elements to the place, I liked the cosy feel, especially one night as we saw a storm move in - the place felt solid - you know that feeling when the elements are throwing everything they have and its going no-where.

When the sun is out, the views over the harbour an on to the mountains in the distance are draw-dropping gorgeous and inspiring.

We ate out at the Thai Harbwr restaurant by the Yacht Club - great food.

Also there are lots of other places to eat out, or as we did got takeaways as we just wanted to relax after our coastal walks.

Highly RECOMMENDED 9/10

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing