“only had drinks, but staff were wonderful”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Breagle Glen Cafe/Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 22 Restaurants in Port Erin
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Offering beautiful views of Port Erin bowling green, Port Erin town and the surrounding hills. We are a family run cafe/restaurant serving fresh local produce. With a friendly service, we cater for anything as simple as a coffee with friends, affordable lunch options, to evenings with our full English and Thai menu's. We also cater for parties and each Sunday offer a traditional Sunday Carvery.
Reviewed 27 August 2016

just stopped for a drink but staff were welcoming and friendly. Lovely quiet setting with inside and outside space and plenty of comfortable seating

There are newer reviews for Breagle Glen Cafe/Restaurant

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Have read the reviews and although they were mixed thought I'd give it a ago. Well, the only word I can come up with is dire. Served by a young lad ( their son) not very pleasant and very rude when taking our order for sandwiches and cake comment were I don't know. Tea came Luke warm, sandwiches we dry and meat (ham) curled around edges. Cake was small to say the least and far from fresh on complaining about the whole meal. Was offered a matter of fact apology and only paid for the tea. Would I go again NEVER! Would I recommend NEVER.

1  Thank Ms-Douglas16
Reviewed 27 March 2016

Been to the Breagle Glen today for Sunday Lunch with my husband and mother-in-law, I have to say the meal was really enjoyable plenty of different types of veg more to chose from than most place,s i have been good selection of meat. My husband had leek and potato soup to start and i had the garlic mushrooms fair to say we had no room for a sweet. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 30 November 2015

Not been here for a few years but found it much improved and would recommend it strongly for the Sunday carvery but you do need to book. The situation is very peaceful with lovely scenic views. Newcomers look carefully for signs in the centre of Port Erin and at the last one go up the hill.

Arrived for Sunday lunch to find almost every table booked, always a good sign. They have packed in as many tables as they can so there is no room for overtaking but the staff are wonderfully polite and cheerful and the tables of good size. We were asked what drinks we would like but were offered no wine list and there was no indication over the door of a licence, so we assumed that only soft drinks and water were available but these came with ice and lemon. Later we noticed wine at one or two tables but not sure if this had been brought in.

The young waiter was polite, very efficient and accurate. There was a choice of only two starters but that keeps life simple and the home made soup with lovely bread and chicken wings which came with salad and a dip were both given a big thumbs up by our table of 6. The starters are served to your table. For the carvery main course, you leave the table and queue for the chef to serve whatever and as much as you want from a selection of succulent tender meat joints and fresh and nicely cooked vegetables. The honey roasted ham and the fresh asparagus, cooked to perfection and crispy baked potatoes were particularly good. Everyone returned with plates piled high and plates were eaten clean and everything thoroughly enjoyed. Desserts were served at the table and very nice with a small but adequate choice, The sherry trifle was particularly good though lacking the sherry on this day. We were going to meet afterwards for coffee but none seemed to have been produced or offered but I could have missed the offer.

Generally, not "designer food" but one of the best value roasts on the island and one would feel confident to take visitors there. Food was best home cooking quality. Tea or coffee included would be a nice gesture and would probably be covered by increased tips.

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

I went to the breagle glen café/bistro one evening with my wife to a rather lovely candle lit dinner. The waitress was very kind and bright and when she came out with our drinks, it had ice and a lemon. I and my wife both had homemade leek and potato soup which for starter: it was very scrumptious. The main came and I had cod and house cut chips, it was divine. My wife had the hotpot which she tells me was also very scrumptious. The atmosphere was kind, warm, peaceful and cosy! Great night will be back this weekend for the Sunday carvary!