“Another great Port Erin cafe”
Review of Cafe Delicious

Cafe Delicious
Ranked #14 of 23 Restaurants in Port Erin
Reviewed 4 November 2014

Great selection of cake as well as a good seasoned menu and a pleasant place to sit and watch the world go buy. Great Ice Cream selection too. Very friendly

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Really tasty good value food. Had battered chicken which came with chips and sauces. Worth the money and nice views of port erin beach

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Went in for lunch with my wife and two boys 9 and 7. To be honest the food was excellent. We had home made soup and the boys had a main course each. However, completely let down by the staff. No customer service. Completely uninterested bordering on plain rude. Insisted on being paid as we ordered as you would in a fast food joint! They miss a trick as if you pay at the end you are more likely to order more. If I had have wanted another coffee I would have had to get up mid meal, go to the counter, order and pay again. I know that sounds petty, but that just doesn't happen in places nowadays. When the food was delivered, it was just almost thrown at the table and they walked off. As the waitress walked away ( although this was an older woman and I suspect could have been the owner) I asked politely if we could have some ketchup. The look we were given was dreadful as if "how dare you ask for something".
When the food was served, it came soup first, then a few minutes later one of the mains, then another wait and the other main came, and finally a portion of chips. We always wait for all people to be served before eating..simple table manners, but in this case we couldn't as they would have been cold.
In short, lovely food but have not had service like that for a long time. If they sort that out, it could be excellent. I would love to go again for he food, but I really don't think I could!

1  Thank stressedoutdad
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The location if this café is perfect - right on the promenade. However, the service is very poor. The woman who runs the place is very rude and unwelcoming to customers and dictatorial to the other staff (I wonder if they are her family, as no-one else would put up with her!). There are much better places to have snacks in Port Erin.

5  Thank radcat
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The food here is ok but expensive for what it is. However, the staff are not helpful or friendly and definitely do not have a 'can do' attitude. After purchasing ice creams and drinks I returned to request a small container and spoon for a toddler struggling with his cone. I was told that this would be 30p as that was the cost to them! This was for a small paper cup and small plastic scoop! If this is the case then I suggest they change their supplier, I purchased plastic bowls and spoons for £1.20 in the £1.20 shop. Good customer service? I think not!