“Big portions but tasty!”
Review of Whistle Stop Cafe

Whistle Stop Cafe
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Port Erin
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This is a great cafe for lunch. The food is served quickly and is very good. The portions are huge, they will fill you up! It is also very cheap for the amount you get. Would definitely recommend, however gets quite busy and full so you should get in early.

Reviewed 1 December 2016

We cycle down from Douglas and are looking for sustenance before return, so have just coffee or tea and doorstep toast. Coffee I always enjoy, toast too is good, although I would prefer if it was buttered for me, and then I might get more than the fairly stingy little packs of butter they give.
Despite being a regular I have never felt any welcome, maybe because I do not live in Port Erin. Service is fine, but never having felt they appreciate my albeit small but regular business having found somewhere my business is welcomed I plan to change my allegiance.

Reviewed 6 October 2016

This is must if you are visiting port Erin the food is always fresh the service is 1st class the portions are generous and there is always a lovely selection of cakes

1  Thank Helen K
Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

Great location. Welcoming staff. Value for money and coffee tastes like coffee.
Lovely and warm on a windy day.

1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed 19 September 2016

This coffee shop is in the station at Port Erin which is on one end of the steam railway line from Douglas. On this visit there was some construction work going on in the buildings which made the experience less good. Given the steam railway doesn't run for at least four months of the year, I can't understand why they are going this work whilst the railway is still running.

On this visit I got a coffee from this cafe after arriving from the steam railway. The cafe seemed (though see below) to offer a range of drinks, snacks and light lunch food offerings.

On the positive side, the coffee itself was OK and reasonable priced. It also seem relatively clean given the building work going on.

On the negative side, I was at the start of the queue of people who has just arrived from the steam train. The attitude of the server was disappointing. Clearly she is somebody who thinks she knows what customers should have, and seems to prefer to argue with customers rather than providing what they want.

Overall based on the experience, one to avoid unless you are the sort of person who prefers to be told what you want!