All reviews travelzoo deal blenheim palace night break lovely village oak beams coaching inn dorchester suite low beams bletchley park pretty village short break four poster bed car park charming hotel enjoyable stay old building stayed for two nights
Reviewed 23 October 2018

Character property in great location. Don’t expect 5* fittings & fixtures, think more ‘quaint’. Sprawling old place, lots of bits added on and features like a well with goldfish!!

Super place to visit!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Nigel O, Owner at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit to the White Hart and Dorchester on Thames - thank you for taking time to give nice feedback.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a night and we are so pleased we did! Would recommend the restaurant, the Cornish hake was superb and my husband loved his pie. The service was superb. Our waitress sorted us out with our own mini pizza starter. Which was a treat. We had a beautiful (and reasonably priced) wine. It made a change for us to wake up in the quiet of the country. Then some how we managed to eat the superb breakfast with top quality sausage and bacon. What a perfect stay in a country hotel. Thank you to the team at the White Hart.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hovejon
Nigel O, Owner at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to review and your kind comments are much appreciated.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is one of the nicest hotels I’ve been to in years, the staff are very welcoming and everything is very clean. We were in room 15, bed was comfortable. Bar area was relaxing.
Restaurant was exceptional and comfortable, menu was vast and delicious. What a beautiful village, with out doubt I shall be retuning. Ps did I say all the staff are wonderful.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Nigel O, Owner at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review - we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Several members of our immediate and extended family stayed here for the weekend of our younger son's wedding. We had 6 rooms on the Friday night and 8 on the Saturday. The rooms were all very comfortable and the two suites booked for the families with our grandchildren were very roomy to accommodate two Z beds. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice of cooked breakfasts or cereals, fruit, croissants, yogurts etc. The staff were helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Nigel O, Owner at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thanks for taking the time to your review and we are pleased you enjoyed stay

Reviewed 26 September 2018

Travel Zoo sent me a voucher for our 2 night stay at the White Hart - but they gave the address as : White Hart, High Street, Wallingford. So we wasted 30 minutes looking in Wallingford - and then driving to Dorchester - where the Hotel is ! The Manager was very understanding and will give TravelZoo a rocket - and gave us a bottle of wine.

This is a lovely old hotel in a quiet, heritage village. We had a good double room with a seperate bathroom. However the Bath "controls" were difficult to reach and control so I could not switch off the shower while running the bath. The bath was narrow, with no handles, so my wife could not get out without my help. The landing had a low beam on which I knocked my head, falling over backwards. There was a warning sign on going up - but not on the other side.

The staff were very helpful, and we had very good breakfast with a wide choice. Dinner was very good with delicious breast of duck.

Good base for visiting the Dorchester Abbey and Oxford. Parking is tight.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DolphinDorset
Nigel O, Owner at White Hart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Many thanks for the kind review particularly given the problems with the address. Sean and his team will be pleased you enjoyed your stay.