“5 out of 5 woofs”
Review of The Black Bull

The Black Bull
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Haltwhistle
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Small traditional real ale pub. Offering a cozy, friendly & welcoming environment for both tourists & locals alike. We cannot provide restaurant service or capacity. Just good honest pub fayre for individuals, couples & small parties. Please note. We are unable to accommodate parties of 6 or more.
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

This place was pawsitively amazing! My hoomans and I can't recommend it enough.
They played dominoes whilst I napped and when dinner came!... well..
the bits of my Dads burger I ate was fantastic, the chip (I'm assuming there was only one) was well seasoned and my mum loved her beef teriyaki so much I didn't even get a look in!
Thankfully the doggy biscuits on the bar that Jackie gave me more than made up for this neglect.
I'll be dragging my hoomans with me again to this cheeky little gem! 5 out of 5 woofs.

p.s. Not relevant but made some friends called Jack and Dylan and they were soooo nice. They love strokes so if you see them say hi from me.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited this popular pub on Easter Saturday evening. It was v busy but bar lady found us a table for dining. Food was decent, had the fish platter and beer went down well with it. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Called in for a pint after fish n chips. locals bar and friendly
.good atmosphere and beer nice at around £3

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic place. Great atmosphere, great food and a great pint. Will definitely go back when in area

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

There aren’t too many options in Haltwhistle but this is the best of them. Great home style food and plenty of local bitters.