“great scones”
Review of Vals Coffee House

Vals Coffee House
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Try the date and walnut scones -- had them three days in a row and they did not disappoint. A perfect mid-afternoon break.

nicolad1971, Public Relations Manager at Vals Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review , our scones are made fresh every day , hope to see you again soon .

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

We visited this coffee shop today at about 2pm. Walked in and only two other people in the shop who were eating. We were noticed but not greeted. We had a look for a sign to see if it was counter service but no sign visible. We sat down at the bar and a staff member was in the kitchen who clearly saw us and paid no attention to us whatsoever. We waited a quite a while and still no one came to serve us and it was clear as day that we were imposing somehow. We got up and left. I highly recommend that the staff need to attend a hospitality course on how to greet and welcome customers.

2  Thank K S

We are sorry we didn't jump to it and serve you straight away , we normally give people time to look at the menu and get settled before serving them . If you had stayed i am sure you would of enjoyed our food .

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Small is beautiful.

Got a jolly good welcome.

The Bacon butty and coffee for £2.50 couldn't be beaten.

Busy with locals which is a very good sign.

Not rushed.

I really enjoyed the local flavour.

Thank you so much for your kind review .

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Family-run eatery serving tasty food at very reasonable prices. The cafe was busy upon our arrival, but there was time for staff to talk to everyone. And there was a vegetarian fried breakfast! Always a welcome sight! All very nice, thank you!

nicolad1971, Public Relations Manager at Vals Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review, hope to see you again sometime x

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

My friend and I visited here today on our way to Hadrian's Wall and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We decided to take advantage of the outdoor seating area in the sun and a lady came to serve us. I ordered a corned beef and tomato toastie which came with crisps, salad, coleslaw and strawberries. I also ordered chips to share and a bottle of water. These came very well presented and a substantial portion. We then decided to move indoors as it was a bit windy and I opted for a cherry scone and a hot chocolate with cream, which also came with a biscuit. Altogether I paid £7 which I thought was an absolute bargain and the staff were very friendly. I would definitely return on my next visit to Haltwhistle.

Thank you for your kind review , hope to see you again next time your passing through x