“Fabulous lunch”

The Cosy Tea Pot and Collectables
Price range: US$6 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Unique Cosy Tea Room providing a variety of Tea's and Coffee's, Hot and Cold food, Cream Teas and Cakes all served in the traditional manner on bone china tableware Friendly table service with a welcoming smile outside seating area Well behaved Dogs welcome Please note that we do not accept credit/debit cards but there are several cash machines in close proximity
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We called in here as the sun was shining and we preferred to sit outside for lunch.

I had the Stilton and bacon salad, which was simply the best salad I have ever had. Everything was nicely presented with china plates and the staff were very helpful and pleasant (particularly when the top of my Fentiman's lemonade cross-threaded and I couldn't get the cap off!)

One of the highlights of our trip to Devon.

Debonair07, Owner at The Cosy Tea Pot and Collectables, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for your review we are very glad that you enjoyed your visit to the Cosy Tearoom

Reviewed 30 September 2018

A short late morning break while walking the Coast Path. Really enjoyed everything about it, especially the selection of cakes.

Deborah G, Owner at The Cosy Tea Pot and Collectables, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, we hope to welcome you again to the Cosy Teapot

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Visited Budleigh for the afternoon with my wife and decided to pop into the Cosy Teapot mid afternoon for a pot of tea and a milkshake.Went inside, saw young waitress, ordered drinks paid my £4.70 and sat down in the sunshine outside.Drinks arrived promptly and at this point we were happy.We then left the premises and made our way to the nearby museum(I think it had a Raleigh exhibition on).My wife sat on the bench in the garden and I went to go in.She shouted to me as she had been approached by(it turned out the owner, I think, of the Cosy Tea Pot saying that we had not paid and demanding payment.I was so confused at this point that I thought he must be from the museum!! Anyway my wife gave him £5 and off he went.When I realised what had happened. I had to race after him ( just outside his shop), tell him that I had paid the waitress and go in to the shop with him and see the waitress, who when i said I gave you £5 and you gave me 30 p change,recognised me and admitted it was her mistake! To make matters worse I did not even get a proper apology!! I am 60 + and have never been treated like this in any establishment before.

I found the experience both embarrassing and upsetting.Why did he not challenge us as we were leaving if he had already decided that we had not paid? I would respectfully suggest that either receipts are given or his staff are better trained.

As you can imagine, we will never EVER use that establishment again!!

Deborah G, Owner at The Cosy Tea Pot and Collectables, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I'm sorry to hear about your embarrassing experience recently, the tearoom changed ownership on the 12th October 2018, myself and Tony the new owner hope that you would give us the opportunity to rectify your experience and view the positive changes we have implemented since taking over

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

! What a lovely place! Went there for hot chocolate, then back for lunch. Good options for gluten free and all LOVELY, really nicely presented. Some more unusual dishes on the menu. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 September 2018

Dropped in for a cream tea on the way home from Lyme Regis. Lovely old fashioned tearoom, proper bone china teacups. Had the Black Forest cream tea, chocolate scone, cherry jam and cream. It was delish. Great service, we will be back and dog friendly.