“Still Flying High”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2017

My wife and I first visited Biggles restaurant last year for a 90th Birthday party. We were very impressed so decided to return with a group of friends (8 of us in total) this May.

We met there for lunch to a warm welcome from the staff and relaxed outside, with a drink (olives and nuts provided), while watching the aircraft and helicopters take off as we contemplated the extensive menu of Italian delights.

The 3 course lunch menu is tremendous value and at £19.95 per head including coffee (plus 10% service) is superb value. With starters ranging from fresh melon to prawns wrapped in Smoked Salmon the choice is wonderful, as is the main course which ranges from Sirloin steak with Stilton cheese to fresh fish (salmon or trout) with Breast of Chicken, Beef Strogonoff or veal also on offer.

The 3 tiered sweet trolley is a sight to behold with Tiramisu, oranges in licquor, fresh fruit salad, strawberries and a whole lot more.

As impressive as the food is the high quality of service, the friendly staff and the attention to detail such as jugs of water on the table, a choice of white or brown bread and melba toast all served at the table when we sat down.

The A la Carte menu is even better but I will leave you to explore that for yourself !

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is 15 mins away from my house and I have only visited it twice in the last 10 years when I should really go once a month . We have just had the most excellent lunch with amazing food and the most attentive service .The menu is huge everything anyone could want . The only struggle is making a choice! It's not expensive and Infact the lunch menu is extremely reasonable ! I plan to go back asap and not leave it as long this time .

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Service, food and atmosphere are stunning. The Beef Wellington changed my life. It's a shame that it will be sold...I hope the new owners realise just how high the standards have been. Good luck!

1  Thank Mr W
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I have been coming to this place for about 12 years, same owner, same good food, same attentive staff. But now it is up for sale!? So if you want to give it a try, do it now, you cannot tell how it might change in the future!

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

People get too preoccupied about what they think they want from a restaurant. Cool, trendy and adventurous are not ways I would describe Biggles but that's not what I want. Yeah it's a bit dated inside and the menu is old fashioned but damn the food is on point!! I want big portions, I want big flavours and at Biggles I get it and I get with fantastic service. Little tip... ask for the off menu GIANT T-BONE steak, it's like half a cow and was cooked to perfection. Enjoy

1  Thank daniel d