“Disapointed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

This is our first visit to this restaurant & doubt we will return.
I can't fault the quality of the food although generally the portions could be larger. We both had Turbet for our main, which was very good,my husband had the matchstick chips (dry & tasteless) which I imagine you would find in a MacDonald chain & I had grilled vegetables, which were good.
My main gripe was the service, the waitresses we're ok but the waiters seemed too formal and a bit above themselves to the point they looked bored as if they didn't want to serve you.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We stay regularly at Font Santa and Casa Manolo is a place we always visit.

Great seafood needs little more than good cooking and this place knows how to cook seafood. Ignore the tapas standards (squid rings, chorizo etc) and go for the simply prepared seafood: the best, most tender octopus; lightly cooked clams, more salty than buttery, Soller shrimp again barely cooked....the artichoke with Parmesan and truffle oil were great too. Look no further than the Mallorcan empanada dessert, a thing of crisp pastry and burnt custard beauty.

Next time we are having the grilled whole squid dressed with its own ink that came up on the next table.

Super attentive, super friendly service in what is clearly a multi-generation venture of Manalo.

Soul food for those bored of Michelin star wannabes.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Back to casa manolo...always the best meals,the best fish and seafruit and the best service...OVER THE TOP!!!
Simply lovely

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here many times over 20 years and it doesn’t surprise me to see mixed reviews.

When you arrive at the small, authentic looking place the anticipation does kick in a little! But if you’re being honest it’s a fairly uncomfortable dining experience. It is small, cramped and not really that inviting.

On the plus side the fish here, always has a quality and freshness that must rank among the freshest I’ve tasted, probably anywhere come to think of it. But portions tend to be small, and accompaniments tend to be rather routine salad garnish and (perhaps even more disappointedly) these cold ‘matchstick fries’ which is just odd.
How about sautéed potatoes? Proper fries? Strewth it’s not hard!

I’ve got a lot of time for Manolo himself, I speak fluent Spanish so I was able to have a proper discussion with him one quiet evening that we dined there out of season.
A character. He loves to chat. Explained that he used to catch all the Fish personally from the surrounding area, whether he does anymore I don’t know as he’s getting on a bit.

In summary, they need to up their game quite a bit here as the competition in the area is getting tougher by the year and as has been remarked frequently below, it is far from cheap and it feels poor value.

1  Thank RoundhayParker
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We were thought that the restaurant was the best in town but the food quality is very poor, the service is bad and the prices are very high. I would not recommend for tourists, definitely there are better choices for a real Spanish dish.

1  Thank Cristina D