All reviews pasta making class family cooking ravioli wine tasting the kitchen baby bath wine and olive oil san gimignano family holiday highlight of our trip kids loved the pool stuffing peaceful countryside tuscan rolling hills gnudi location is fantastic cooking experience
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Located in the heart of the Tuscan countryside El Gelso Bianco is a beautiful agritourism resort and I spent two beautiful days and nights there on my recent trip to Italy. Close to San Gimignano, Florence, and Siena, this is the perfect place set up a base and explore the region at your leisure.

Its only 35 km’s from Florence so it’s feasible to travel from there too. If you want to stay, you can choose from a range of well equipped and luxurious self-catering apartments based on how big your family is and family is definitely a focus here.

They run regular cooking classes for children and adults or families and I got to attend the pasta making class on the one afternoon. We watched and lightly helped make a few delicious dishes, which we got to enjoy afterwards in a hearty feast with the farms own wine. With spectacular sunsets, gorgeous views of Tuscan rolling hills from a working wine & olive oil farm, Al Gelso Bianco was a treat.

Room Tip: As this is a family resort, there will likely be children running around. They have a lovely apartment that is suitable for a couple
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank SamanthaLinsell
Reviewed 27 November 2017

The only Italian words I can muster are MAGNIFICO and FANTASTICO. Our group could not have asked for a better experience. We were not staying at the property, but booked the family cooking class for Thanksgiving and were rewarded with the most lovely setting, wonderful people, fantastic interactive cooking experience for a group which ranged in age from 10 to 55+; and then the opportunity to taste the wines and olive oils produced on premises followed by the delicious dinner we all helped to prepare. It was the perfect way to spend Thanksgiving and hopefully we will get to stay overnight someday. We learned how to make homemade pasta and then prepared that several different ways. The Gelso Chianti was fantastic; we ended up bringing home a case and they will ship! Even though it was the end of November it was a sunny day and we were able to enjoy the views after our lunch. Susanna and Stefania were so engaging and delightful and Irene is a gem. We had an unforgettable time and highly recommend Al Gelso Bianco for an authentic, wonderful agriturismo experience.

Room Tip: We only participated in the cooking class but I suspect the rooms are great.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank EireannP
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We stayed at Al Gelso for 5 nights in November, 2017. We absolutely love this place! Irene and her staff were so accommodating to us (myself and my 9 year old), the apartment (Prezzemolo) was perfect allowing us plenty of space, a fireplace for the evenings and a kitchen to cook many meals, And if you come here, you will not want to miss the cooking class. It was perfect for adults and kids alike! We made 3 different types of pasta, vegetables and there was a delicious desert too. They love kids and so it made the entire cooking class all the more enjoyable to know that my daughter had fun too. There are 3 cats and a dog on the property, which are all super friendly. There is also a very nice work-out room (better than some hotels) and a place to do laundry on site. The farmhouse makes its own olive oil and wine so you won't want to miss out on sending some home. Perfect for holiday gifts for friends and family. All in all, this was the highlight of our two week stay in Italy. We will return.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank smcgiada
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We can't say enough about this cooking class. My husband and I with our 9 year old daughter took part in the pasta cooking class. Its a small personal class. We were paired with another couple and there two daughters which was perfect for our daughter. The girls had so much fun getting there hands right in the dough and running the dough through the pasta maker. Once the food was prepped, we took a break to have a wine and olive oil tasting. And when the pasta dishes were cooked we were served in a beautiful dining room complete with wine an dessert. Don't hesitate to book this class. You won't forget it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandra C
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stayed at Al Gelso Bianco at the beginning of September with our little boy William. It was his first trip overseas, and I'm so pleased we choose to stay here. We booked through Tots to Travel which meant we didn't have to pack lots of toddler items as they were already waiting for us in the apartment upon our arrival. The staff, especially Irene and Dora were so friendly and helpful. Nothing was to much trouble. I'd throughly recommend the wine tasting experience. The wine and olive oil is excellent! And we'd have loved to have tried a cookery class, but we just ran out of time. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer!

Room Tip: All rooms were exceptional
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family