See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2015

For easter my friends and I decided to visit the dolomites for the entire weekend and came across this affordable hotel in a town we had never heard of before. The pictures looked pleasant and the comments were fairly positive so we booked not knowing what to expect. It turns out it was the best decision we could have possibly made. The hotel was impeccable, with a full on inclusive breakfast, the rooms were nice and cozy, the view from our balcony was spectacular and the location was prime in respect to hiking. Now what really made the trip special was the warm and friendly staff. Daniele, the man in charge treated us like royalty. Also the man can definitely cook. Not is he in charge of the hotel but he is also the head chef of the hotel's restaurant. This one night he made us this baby goat dish that was extremely tender and delicious. Also, all the pasta he makes is made from scratch. Our second day there he lent us his bicycles so that we could go mountain biking and even the day we left he dropped us off at the train station. I mean he really catered to us from the moment we stepped foot until the end. There is no doubt I will be returning to small town Vattaro just to stay at Hotel Dolomiti and kick it with Daniele once again.

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Kéla C
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I saw photos of this hotel on booking.com and was looking forward to the trip but when we came there and saw the room, I was a bit disappointed. Our room was not renovated (as some other rooms) and was a bit dark. Internet (wifi) did not work in our room and TV signal was also bad so we could not see matches of football World Championships because a picture got stuck.
On the other hand, hotel stuff was very friendly and smiling all the time (though, sometimes they cannot help, e.g. with internet connection). Breakfast choice was rather rich, everyone found there something. Parking was for free.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the 2nd floor on the side to the street. There are nice, fresh, light, renovated rooms.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank lekli
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Probably I was excited by these previously posted reviews but my experience was quite different
It might have started with seeing a clothing moth in my room or the colored water served to us as italian coffee, but I never got to experience what these other reviewers saw at this hotel.
The owner is a very smooth talker and he does appear pleasant but the room I got for sure was neither spacious nor stylish. Breakfast was pretty skimpy but OK (except the coffee!) At dinner we received tiny portions and a risotto which was laughable at best! It was like eating paper in Italy (among all places!)

Room tip: If you want to visit Trento go to a differerent hotel, this place is too far away and the road is pretty nasty. If you want to stay in Vattaro, I guess ask to see your room first
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank js2952
Reviewed 23 July 2011

This hotel is one of the best I have ever visited.
The atmosphere is friendly, familiar, professional, modern and cosy.
All rooms are renovated in a modern style. We had a balcony, an LCD-TV, a refrigerator a desk and a sofa- and a very neat, clean bathroom.
The restaurant offers authentic northern Italian cuisine, prepared mainly by the owner, Mr. Carlo Ducatti - and you get a 3-course dinner at less than 20 Euros.
The best, however, is the family itself. They are friendly, service-minded, Empathetic and highly respected in the local coummunity.
I highly recommend this hotel...it's simply very good!

Room tip: Ask for a balcony facing
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank AndersMikkelsen
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Second time we stood here and we love the rooms under the roof. It's 5 Minutes drive time from the highway but the view from the rooms are really great. It is located in front of the main street but it is not loud. The rooms are clean. You get your breakfast untill 1030 and we didn't got better coffe on Italy. Great place...

Date of stay: September 2010