US$136
B&B.it
TripAdvisor
Casa Ciomod(Modica)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2014

beautiful arty hotel in the center of Modica. Actually, a little bit too old... Based on the pictures and reviews in internet, we booked the room with the bath tube near the bed. Although we travelled to Sicily in May, it rained quite often so the room was incredibly wet and we had to use the heating all day long. So having the bath tube in the bedroom was not so nice (and taking a shower not so comfortable) . Above all the room was dark as the windows were oriented toward a tiny back street.
Poor breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was one of the most delightful hotels I stayed in while travelling round Sicily. Modica is under World Heritage, it's a tiny town, easy to walk around, the people so friendly and honest. My room was like stepping back in time, beautifully decorated, and clean. Perfect location right in Main Street. I arrived around 3-4 pm which was ideal, got park right outside hotel, paid for 4 hours which took me through to the morning. Best time to arrive as after that, the traffic increases dramatically.

Room Tip: My room divine.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Beautiful boutique hotel in the center of Modica, that fits very well into the baroque Val di Noto region. All major sights of Modica are in walking distance from the hotel - if you are ready to climb up the hill.
The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was (of course) old-fashioned but functional. It fit the theme. It was just a little too dark for my taste.
Breakfast is served in a chilly cave-like area and has a very good variety - better than usual in Sicily.
Only finding a parking is a real challenge. There are public spots available, but they are along walk away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A very cozy and ancient looking hotel. We stayed there only for a day. Hotel manager was very helpful, polite and well-mannered. We stayed in a family room, witch was quite spacious. Unfortunately we have stayed there in a very hot weather. Air conditions wasn't working properly and it was very hot. The nearby street was very busy even at night, so in was difficult to sleep. Breakfast was delicious, with a wonderful coffee. Hotel is in a fantastic location just in a city center. All in all, I can recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Myself,hubby and 9 month old baby stayed here in September 2013.I have to say the hotel was beautiful, very quirky and unique.The staff were brilliant.In my ignorance,I thought all hotels in Sicilian countryside would have a kettle so I could make up bottles for the baby.i requested a kettle from reception and was told it was no problem,they would drop it up to me in about half an hour.while out at the shop,I happened to see a staff member go off in his scooter then return with the kettle!he prob had to buy it or take it from his house.now that is amazing service because they really could have told me to make do with boiling water at breakfast.also,the cot made up was a proper cot,my son was thrilled!staff gave great advice on restaurants and things to do.i liked modica but did not love it,I had planned to stay for 4days but really we has seen everything in 2 so went on to another area.if I was ever to go again i would return to this charming hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013