Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2019

this was my first trip to Italy and no better place to visit than arona. I was competing in a swim race on the lake and our hotel was perfectly located. the area itaself is stunning and the hotel was fantastic. the rooms were really spacious and beautifully decorated and had stunning views. the best thing about the hotel was the staff, Stefano , Roberta and Giuseppe were really welcoming and available to help no matter what the request.the breakfast was really very tasty and the restaurant served the most delicious food. I will definetly be visiting arona again and staying in hotel giardino, thank you for a truly great stay in your hotel.

Room tip: ask for a balcony, beautiful views
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 15 September 2019

We spent the last night of a 12 night vacation to Italy and Switzerland here. Having spent 4 nights the previous week at a different Arona location (in the hills instead of on the waterfront) we were looking forward to our stay. What a disaster! The woman who checked us in could not have helped less. She needed to keep our passports for 10-15 minutes to make a copy of them. Made us somewhat nervous that she couldn't just immediately make a copy like every other hotel had done. We were told upon booking that there was parking but were NOT told that it was paid parking on a find-as-you-can basis. So we trudged a good 1/3 mile with our suitcases after find a spot in a lot. The woman also told us we needed to pay the hotel tax when we checked out. We asked if we could pay it at check in and she said no. Okay, no problem. Until check out when the very rude man at the desk pointed to a sign and said we had to pay cash. Unfortunately the woman never said cash, nor did she point to the small sign at the far corner of the desk. We had purposely used all our remaining Euro at dinner the previous night so we wouldn't have any leftover to bring home. A "discussion" ensued and he finally agreed to put the charge on our credit card, then just turned his back on us. As for the room, there were two very large spots of at least 8-12" of peeling wallpaper, with mildew behind. The a/c took both of us nearly 10 minutes to figure out. The shower was the smallest I've ever seen (the sink was the same width!), and the toilet was wedged in next to the shower wall so you had to sit down sideways and turn to get your knees in front of you. That might explain why the toilet seat was all wobbly and twisted. The only good thing about the stay was our room did overlook the lake.

Room tip: Rooms to the front have a great view but street/restaurant/public park noise can be high.
1  Thank Cheryl T
Reviewed 6 September 2019

The hotel is a 10-15 min walk from train station and 3 min walk to ferry launch point for traveling to key points on Lake Maggiore. Hotel staff is friendly, English spoken, clean modern room and bathroom. I would stay here again.

Room tip: Lakeside view. Can have car & foot traffic when window is open but totally quiet at night and window closed.
Reviewed 1 September 2019 via mobile

Spent 5 lovely nights in this hotel on the lake Maggiore. We had a lovely room with a balcony and an amazing view out over the lake. Rooms were kept immaculate...staff were very friendly and the breakfast was delicious. We were in Arona to do a 2.4k swim from Arona to Angera and back.All 7 of our party would happily return to this hotel.Thank you to all the staff from the 7 Irish Swimmers !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2019 via mobile

There are some reviews that suggest you receive a parking permit on arrival. The only parking is on the street. You will only receive a permit if one is available...I was told there are 10 for the whole hotel....so you may be unlucky. On street parking is €8 a day. We were checked in by a tall gent who told me that if my car was parked in a certain street I would have to move it before the weekend as the street would be closed. This turned out to be incorrect information. Had I not checked I could have been moving my car and trying to find a new parking space unnecessarily. Our room was over looking the lake with a balcony. It was dark and dismal....not the best hotel room we have ever stayed in. The air conditioning was next to useless. Having complained the maintainance man came and said it was fine. I can assure it was not. It took 2 days to reduce the temperature by 2 degrees and it was in the mid thirties. A multi lingual individual from the bar decided he would have a look at the a/c. He told me it was fine and that I was not being forceful enough with the controls. This was just laughable and would not have been out of place in a Fawlty Towers episode. The temperature in reception was somewhat cooler....surprise surprise. Everyday when we went for breakfast we were told where to sit. This was for no particular reason and just meant that the person clearing the tables had to walk a couple of meters further....rather pathetic. We arrived back from a day out on one occasion to find that the towels had been changed. I attach a photo of what was left. There are also some photos of the room.....these show a couldn’t care attitude. We enjoy our Italian holidays and have always found the Italians to be friendly and accommodating. Had this been our first Italian holiday it would not have encouraged us to return. We will not be returning to this hotel and certainly do not recommend it.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grimbarian