All reviews school party per day clean rooms fantastic views the cliff sea view the hotel staff train station evening meal luggage valeria balcony mountains piano beautyful cockerel napoli
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Hotel Cosmomare is a lovely little hotel sitting overlooking the most amazing views of Italy. Our room were spotlessly clean and comfortable. A balcony off our room gave us the most amazing sunsets. 5 floors up, we used the quaint but very functional lift, the lift is one of the first lifts installed in the peninsula. A 150 meter walk took us to another lift which took us to a private beach where we could hire sun-loungers etc. a very tranquil little piece of paradise.
The room and bathroom were spotless and cleaned daily.
We stayed 7 nights and breakfast was different every morning, the breakfast room again looked over the peninsula.
Yvonne was brilliant, friendly and extremely helpful.
This hotel is a great base for seeing the beautiful Amalfi Coast.

Room Tip: Sea-facing room with balcony
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ozziebb
Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Deduct 1 star for terrible service, yelled at because I couldn't get the air conditioner to work (wasn't told that the temperate control is at reception).
Deduct 1 point for disgusting smell in my room (room 105). Not sure whether it's pipes or poor drainage but the room smelt like a sewer and drains gurgled when others throughout the motel showered/toilet etc.
Deduct 1 point for the lift, yes a very old building with the motel located on floor 5 only (not the street level) but the lift was more a dumb waiter it is that small.
Deduct 1 point for the rock hard bed, might as well slept on the floor the bed was like sleeping on a slab of timber.
Rated 1 which is only because of the view when looking out the windows of the dining hall.
Photos are not real and if they are they were taken a considerable time ago.
Hated it so much and was offput by the initial yelling I refused to give anymore money to the Cosomare I sought food and drink elsewhere.
Although a coffee barista machine is there, you can't get one at breakfast, only a push button machine.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Peggie R
Reviewed 1 December 2016

We visited this area at a very busy time of the year and were pleased to find a place for a reasonable price that could accommodate 4 people. We took the fun little elevator up to the hotel. Some of the rooms have mountain views and some have ocean views. Given that this is such a beautiful area I was hoping for an ocean view but the room was clean, the food for breakfast was plentiful and we had a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank michr
Reviewed 11 November 2016

Hotel Cosmomare was a wonderful hotel in a beautiful part of Italy. The rooms were spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We had a balcony off our room which had the most amazing views of the coast. We were travelling with small children and the staff could not have been more helpful and polite. The breakfast was lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay to explore the Amalfi Coast.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sheridan377
Reviewed 2 October 2016

This was my first trip to Italy, I was staying alone at the hotel as I was joining a wedding party who were all staying in different hotels. I have to say this hotel in some respects were better than the 5 star my friends were staying at.

Although not much to do in the hotel, it was an ideal base for me to go out and explore. I had hired a car and was delighted that the hotel offered a safe and convenient garage for free.

Upton check-in the staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I felt relaxed and could switch off whilst in my room. The views from the rooms and the dinning area are just amazing.

Beds were extremely comfortable, rooms were very clean and space a plenty. The balconies are large meaning you can sit out looking at the views without feel claustrophobic.

I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Great Views
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo