“Top service, Very good food. ”
Review of Salt Cafe

Salt Cafe
Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Monkstown
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Avoca Monkstown is unique, being our only location that exclusively features food. With a large Food Market and separate SALT cafe, you’ll find a whole new range of food experiences in one spot. In addition to the familiar Avoca foodhall offering, the Monkstown Foodmarket offers top quality fresh fruit and vegetables, our very own Avoca Butcher, and a French-style rotisserie from Poulet Bonne Femme. SALT cafe continues Avoca’s emphasis on serving delicious, seasonal dishes with locally sourced ingredients.
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Visited Salt pre-Christmas while visiting the in-laws. The staff was very accommodating as soon as we arrived and a high chair appeared immediately for our boy. They even put the buggy away for us. The place was buzzing - really nice feel to it.
The menu read very well and I ended up picking the confit duck salad. It was somewhat different than I was expecting but on the good side: duck was crispy and the salad definitely gave something different to the plate. There was a nice selection on the menu and everybody was delighted with what they ate. Table was quickly cleared and for dessert we decided to share the trio of mini desserts with coffee. It was a perfect way to finish a fab family lunch. Definitely will be back. Highly recommend.

1  Thank 436johnw

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Never having eaten in any of the Avoca restaurants I was looking forward to my pre Christmas lunch with my cousin last Saturday!
On arrival we were seated quickly by friendly staff and given a nice jug of water with fresh mint, a nice touch!
We were offered the brunch menu which read well and I was excited to see a crab salad with nice additional bits, fennell, apple, pink grapefruit etc! Having asked the waiter if the crab was fresh and being assured it was I decided to order it! What a big mistake, it was awful, dry, no taste of crab and I didnt eat it...
It was taken off the bill and we were given a yummy ginger cakey dessert on the house so the complaint was handeled very well!
My cousin ordered poached eggs with advocado and a side of fries both of which were delicious!
Nice friendly staff but not really worth the money in my opinion.

1  Thank Lynno43
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

December is always a little crazy where ever you go but the staff at Salt were very accommodating and friendly .. service was really good and I really enjoyed my poached eggs with Spanish potatoes - delicious... There was a really nice vibe and we will definitely return, sooner rather then later!

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Always consistently great. Normally go for brunch and love the food and service.
The interiors are warm and bright with plenty of natural light.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Late breakfast / early brunch with my daughter - long time since I had been to Salt - will definitely return quicker

Arrived at just after 12:15 - brunch starts at 12:30 - so check which menu you are on

We had no difficulty as we both choose the poached egg with sourdough toast and avocado- I added smoked salmon to mine - we had green tea and an excellent green smoothie - healthy but delicious - it hit the spot

Service was friendly and good

The restaurant is always bright and airy

The big plus is the excellent Avoca shop in the front - excellent produce and always worth a visit

Tip - parking can be difficult at weekends so drop your passengers off and let them get your table while you find the parking spot

Will be back soon for more delights