All reviewslaundry servicebusinesskitchenettekazakhsummer
Reviewed 19 January 2018

This is a comfortable place to stay. Even when the Kazakh winter is throwing its full fury at Atyrau, the Chagala is warm and cosy. The beds are very comfortable, and the bathrooms offer a plentiful supply of piping hot water. Occasionally I have encountered minor problems with the plumbing, but this has been sorted out quickly. The staff are very friendly, and the laundry service is efficient. The riverside location is fantastic, both in summer and winter. Always happy to stay here.

Room Tip: Try for a river view
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2017

I have been coming to the Chagala Hotel now for over 15 years and it really has not changed that much, Good food in both the restaurant and the bar and the staff are very good, The Hotel is looking a little dated but the price is good. Lots of new restaurants near the hotel so location for me is great. Not the best but I will be back.

Room Tip: You could stay in the new Chagala
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for business, not to bad.
From the outside it looks like all porto cabins locked together the inside is better.
The rooms are clean.
During the night it can be noisy because of drunken Russian's in the hallway.
There is no restaurant in the hotel, the restaurant is about 3 minutes walk.
At the hotel bar you can order some food and eat it there or take it to your room.
Room service before 22.00 hr and be very clear to the person when you phone them.
Better then most places in Atyrau.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Esales C, Esales at Chagala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Dear 65johan,

thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your time to share your experience with us.

Currently the hotel's restaurant serves only breakfast buffet while the bar is open from 10 AM to 23PM serving light food and drinks. Just a few hundred metres, you can find O Neills Irish Pub and a few metres away, Coco's Restaurant & Ai Lounge located at Chagala Residence Atyrau.

We would be more than happy to accommodate you again!

Kind regards from all the team

Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

The room was a little old, but it was clean and service was very nice. Staff were very friendly. For this price I certainly can recommend Chagala hotel. Breakfast was very good. It was only a short walk to many restaurants.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

Dear Eirik K,

we really appreciate you taking some time to share your experience with us. And we are really happy to hear you had a pleasant stay here at Chagala Atyrau Hotel.

We recommend you try next time our apartments or upgrade to our other property, Chagala Residence Atyrau.

By booking directly on our website via your smartphone you will benefit from an additional five per cent discount.

We certainly would be glad to serve you soon again!

Best regards from Atyrau,

Reviewed 13 October 2016

I really impressed by staying at the Chagala waterfront hotel. I stayed there several times and every time I was really satisfied. I felt like a home. At the glance, there is nothing special, an usual room and furniture, a receptionist, a bar, a restaurant, etc. But the atmosphere is very friendly and comfortable. You are really like at home. People around care about you and want to help you even in tiny things. I really appreciate staying there and recommend to my friends to choose this hotel when they are in a business trip

Room Tip: choose the waterfront side
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Esales C, Esales at Chagala Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Dear MaiyaTsy,

thank you very much for your positive review. We really appreciate that you have shared your stay with us.

We are all very proud to be able to be a part of something special here and, you did not just have the feeling to be welcome - you were truly welcome and you will be the next time your plans take you to Atyrau or Aktau, Aksai, Bautino and Uralsk where we have hotels as well.

Best regards from all of us here at Chagala Atyrau Hotel