Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Ma Anandamayee Ashram
from US$157.00
More Info
All reviews peaceful place morning aarti sri meditation visitors premises temple auto pujas india beauty feeling bath
Reviewed 6 February 2018

This place is dedicated to Ma anandamayee. Her mortal is buried over here. A well maintained and peaceful place in city of spirituality.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 7 December 2017

The Ashram is well laid and planned in such a way that any visitor feels good by being there. The environment is silent and gives a inner peace feeling.

Date of experience: November 2017
1  Thank AK G
Reviewed 12 October 2017

Anandamayi Ma's samadhi temple is lovely and peaceful. One can stay and meditate as long as one wishes during it's open hours, which is most of day. Visitors come and go. Although some do not respect the silence of the place, they are usually gone quickly. I wrote for permission to stay at Anandamayi Ma International Centre for three days. On arriving there and seeing my room I confess I broke down in tears of happiness. I'd been having a difficult time for the past ten days after having twisted my knee and sprained my ankle on a trek to Vasudhara Falls, then trying to survive the fierce heat, pollution and crowds of thousands at the end of Dussehra in Rishikesh. The room and bath at Ma's Centre were so nicely outfitted! Everything was pristinely clean and in good repair; towels, bedding, bath rug, etc. From every wall, pictures of Ma offered comfort and inspiration. It was nicer than any of the so-called 5 star hotels I'd stayed at; never-mind some of the threadbare ashrams. The food that the cook went to market for in the morning was delicious and ample. It was sattvic and prepared with love. The staff at the centre and the people who managed the two small shops by Ma's samadhi emulated a genuine spirit of care. A few minutes away was a nice ghat where I went every day and soaked my injuries in the healing waters of Mother Ganga. So grateful to have experienced this unassuming, yet love-permeated place.

Date of experience: October 2017
6  Thank Koriander2015
Reviewed 5 June 2017

This place can be accessible by auto or bus. Here is jyoti which is lighted always. U can see the beauty of temple. Here u will see the tree of Rudraksh.

Date of experience: February 2017
2  Thank AlokkChoudhary
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I want to give more stars but here is the limit of only 5 stars. We (Myself and my wife) planned for a short trip to Haridwar and decided to stay in an Ashram to get the feelings of Ashram Staying. We communicated to Maa Anadamayi Ashram (Kankhal) and management allowed us to stay at their Ashram. We reached Ashram at 11.00 PM on 25/5/17. Our Staying room was big, spacious, neat and clean with attached toilet.

The Ashram is adjacent to Maa Sati birth place (Sitala Temple), which is just opposite of the Ashram and Daksha Prajapati temple is about 100 meter distance. The Ganga is flowing (Canal) just beside the temple. The ghat is neat and clean and shadowed by many big Bat briksha (banyan trees). The place is quite silent and one can find calm and peace there. We took bath in the Ghat of Daksha Prajapati temple, in the Ghat Ladies change room also there. From Ashram frequent Auto and Battery Rishka also there for the city tour.

We attended morning Aarti at 7.30 am, its very heart touching can't explain through words. In the Temple Maa's Samadhi is there. The backside of the temple one can find the big Rudraksha Tree. I have seen 1st time this tree.

Next day we went to Har ki pouri (Battery Rishka fare was Rs 20 pp), from there we decided to visit Rishikesh. We catch a bus from Har ki pouri Stop and Reached to Rishikesh ISBT bus stand, from there we took an auto to reach Ram Jhula. We crossed the Ganga by boat. Another side we visited Gita Bhawan and Parmarth sangha. Both are the walk-able distance from Ghat. After the visit, we crossed Ganga through Ram Jhula by walk and by auto we returned to ISBT bus stand. From there we reached at Har ki Pouri by Bus. In Har Ki pouri (Lower road) we took dinner at Mashi'r hotel (Famous for Bengali dish) and then we returned to Ashram at 11 pm.

Next day early morning we bathed in Har ki Pouri Ghat and after did Lunch at Ashram. Then we went to ISBT bus stand, from there return to Ahmadabad via Delhi. The trip was very short and we decided to spend more time in the future trip.

Another thing I forgot to mention, it is Ashram food. the Tiffin, Lunch and dinner facility is there and the food is soo tasty and it is just like energetic Swatik bhojan.

The behaviors and dealing of Ashram office staff, canteen staff was very very nice. Swamiji gave us short spiritual knowledge which was quite informative. We are very thankful to Ashram management team for allowing us to stay and get the feeling of Ashram staying. Jai Maa.

Date of experience: May 2017