All reviews plunge pool ocean front villa host our honeymoon main pool two bedroom villa stone town pure luxury sultan's palace low tide kids club day bed restaurant manager special thanks out of this world indian ocean dietary requirements
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We have just returned from our fourth stay at baraza which was just like 'coming home '. As requested we were allocated the same garden villa with its own secluded garden which was spotlessly clean and well cared for by housekeeping . It is difficult to add more to the amazing reviews other than to reaffirm that the service is outstanding, you are made to feel very special and that the food offer is exceptional . We stayed over the new year period and are still amazed at the quality of the food and service during such a busy time. Huge thanks to Esther, Kalei and team . Thanks too for the water sports staff who arranged the spectacular fireworks display out at sea . The organisation was incredible! No visit to baraza is complete without visiting the local village - another good reason to return!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
GM-TZC, Manager at Baraza Resort & Spa, Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Dear Sue,
The whole Baraza team is always delighted to welcome you back to your home on the Swahili Coast!
Thank you for everything and our fingers are crossed that we will see you back at Baraza very soon.
Our best wishes,

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We stayed at Baraza after an 8 day safari in Tanzania... and I have to say that it was amazing. The villa was spacious, the pool lovely and the gym and spa were fantastic (my husband had one of the best massages... i used the gym a lot. It had all the basics - so it was fine). I also thought the gift shop was lovely (a minor point, but it was massive, like a mini mall, but very classy). But what really made Baraza special was the service and food. It was an all inclusive (except for the pricey gin), and they couldn't have been more attentive. There was champagne on the way into dinner. They frequently checked if we wanted anything as we were sitting in our lounge chairs by the beach (I must have had 10 large bottles of water a day!) It really had that 'discreet yet full service' feel. And the food was some of the best I've had. We're not huge fans of buffets, but the buffets I dare way were better than the menus. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were a feast (and we've stayed at some amazing places). I think because it only has 80 people max in the whole resort, you get wonderful attentive service and food. We were there over new years eve, and they really put on a special drinks event before dinner (by the pool) and dancing on the beach with fireworks after. They even handed NYE themed costume type stuff (which sounds tacky, but was actually really fun). My only two complaints were: there was no conditioner in the bathrooms. Seriously. It was that shampoo/conditioner combo that never works on long hair. Because we were just on safari, I didn't have my conditioner (packed light). So I had to buy some from the gift shop (and then the front desk). The reason this stands out is that everything else was perfect. It seemed an odd place to save money. The other thing was when it was low tide, there wasn't much water. Like, you seriously couldn't swim. There's nothing they can do about it, and everyone on that coast I'm sure has the same problem, but I've never seen a beach like it! (but when it was high tide, it was perfect..!)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet W

Dear Janet,
We are all very happy to read about your Zanzibar holiday and I am pleased that you had a memorable start to the new year.
I note your concern regarding conditioner however from your experience with us I am sure you can agree that Baraza does not 'cut corners' where our guests are concerned and this is an issue of preference.
It was our supreme pleasure to welcome you and we hope to see you back at our Swahili Coast in the very near future.
Warm regards from us all and happy 2018!

Reviewed 11 January 2018

We have been in the Baraza resort and we felt like a king. The staff, the accommodation and the foot.... It was all over overwhelming...This one is the best...
The villas are very complet and cozy and gives you everything you need.
You feel save and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear Margarita,
Thank you for visiting us; we are happy that you had a good holiday at Baraza.
We wish you a great year ahead and please do come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

Very nice resort , relaxing ,amazing ocean view.
Meals, entertainment >>>to the point.Will definately make as second trip soon.
Strongly recommend for anyone ,including couples, families to make no other choice for a beach holiday apart from BARAZA!!Hakuna Matata!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
GM-TZC, Manager at Baraza Resort & Spa, Zanzibar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Asante sana!
We look forward to seeing you again and until then we wish you a very happy year ahead.
Baraza Hakuna Matata!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Me and my husband travel quiet a bit, and it takes a lot to take our breath away. This is by far the very best we have been too.
Food is amazing, this is a paradise if you are sea food lover. But the innovative chefs will put together your favorite meal. The cocktails are new and different. The staff so warm and welcoming.
The spa deserves a special mention and the yoga classes are cherry on top.

We will be back ... for sure.
My heartfelt thanks to these guys.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aditi B

Dear Aditi,
The pleasure was ours and we are happy that you enjoyed your visit.
Please come back soon!