“Good quality-price ratio”

Lalis Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 37 Restaurants in Nungwi
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Less than 50m from the beach, Lalis is a new restaurant set in a beautiful garden. Serving freshly cooked traditional Swahili food along with international dishes - all at great prices. The bar serves a range of high quality beers, international wines and spirits and a range of cocktails in a very chilled setting.
Reviewed 19 September 2015

Good quality-price ratio. You can have dinner or lunch in the beach. Both the place itself and the food are very nice. I recommend to take any of the dishes with shrimps.

Reviewed 25 April 2015

I like their sea food. It took a long time to get the food but It deserves that time. Specially the prawns. but I didn't like the octopus. Also, the atmosphere is very nice.

Reviewed 17 February 2015

Everyone elses meals superb, I got garlic and chilli prawns and rice. 2 prawns cooked whole in their shells, bed of rice and a little sauce container with nothing that resembled garlic or hot chilli (everything is sweet chilli, not hot chilli)

Reviewed 14 January 2015 via mobile

Ordered the starter calamari which was alright and the chicken burger with chips which was enjoyable. Wasn't bad but wasn't amazing.

Decided to eat here as it was #1 on trip advisor but feel there are other nicer restaurants. Not as good location either. Slightly off the beach where most restaurants are, sits behind the Z hotel.

1  Thank Whigity
Reviewed 16 November 2014 via mobile

I had dinner alone here on a Sunday evening. The place has a great atmosphere and is away from the beach, which is nice for a change. They were playing reggae music when I got there, and there were only two other patrons besides the owners and the staff. The service was ok by Zanzibar standards, a waitress met me at the gate, and I had to choose where I wanted to sit. My drink order was promptly delivered, and the food was delivered about 15 minutes later. The coconut sauce was savory, but the king clip fillets were relatively small. Once my food was delivered, the resident cat joined me at my table and was eager to eat from my plate. Being allergic to cats, this spoiled my whole dining experience. The owners were very kind and tried to keep the cat away, but it was rather embarrassing for both of us and so I quickly gulped down my food and left. It is a great place, but I wouldn't recommend for people with cat/animal/fur allergies.

1  Thank Destelia N