1,462 results
All reviews sunset lounge african village beach grill villa club coral cove stone town deluxe room african night all inclusive package sea breeze golf buggy our honeymoon all inclusive hotel private beach lunch and dinner water aerobics evening entertainment
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

We had such a wonderful stay at Gemma. The service is great, people working there simply helped the relaxing experience in the hotel. Beautiful nature and very secure. I was amazed to see the hotel also offers yoga classes. I met Manuela there, the yoga teacher with whom i had an amazing wellbeing exchange, which compliment my perfect experience in the hotel! We might definitely come back.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
General Manager M, General Manager at Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Dear Guest

I thank you very much for your kind feedback and for sharing it with us on Tripadvisor. I will share it with my team with pleasure and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Best regards

MSchibler

Reviewed 7 January 2018

Recently returned from this lovely island spending two weeks over the Xmas holidays Beautiful beach crystal blue sea white soft sand. Fab service at the beach didn’t have to move off your sun lounger for a drink thanks to Abu and Julias at the bar service with a huge smile nothing was to much trouble for them. In fact all the staff were really lovely and friendly.
Main restaurant was very nice with a good choice of food. Egg station was a bit of a wait as only one person so big queues.However at dinner not enough tables were available we were escorted to the bar numerous times to wait for a table and sometimes the wait was quite a while as they forgot about us. Room was a bit disappointing it was cleaned daily and fresh towels were supplied but the smell of sewage was at times a bit overwhelming it was also very dark in the room and plug sockets were falling out of the walls. For the brits visiting take your plug converters.
Overall Great holiday great staff would love to visit this island again and this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sandra w
General Manager M, General Manager at Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Guest

I thank you very much for your feedback and for sharing it with us on Tripadvisor. We are working as a team to get your feedback addressed. As to the room we have put in place a preventive maintenance program to address all such issues. Me and my team would be very pleased to welcome you back very soon to our property.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Perfect location, one of the few with wonderful sunsets in Zanzibar.
Rooms are excellent with sea view and very clean and comfortable.
Excellent choice on restaurants. Very romantic Sea Breeze restaurant within the on-the-sea structure that makes this resort so unique and exclusive.
Emanuela, the recreation manager, is so nice and professional.
The on-the-beach restaurant and bar makes your on-the-beach day so relaxing and comfortable. We recommend the Don Pedro cocktail prepared by Lukas.
Living in Europe with just 2 hours shift we'll definitely come back!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raul V
General Manager M, General Manager at Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for spending your holiday with us and sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased that you did like your stay and will forward your comments to my team with pleasure. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed for the last week of our honeymoon at this hotel. It was unfortunately a bit of an anti climax from the warm reception we had in mainland Tanzania. To start off the hotel is layed out in a very strange way, with the main restaurant and lobby separate from the beach and bars. This restaurant was a buffet and the only restaurant included within the all inclusive package. It was OK but not the greatest choice, a buffet also ruins the occasion of sitting down for a meal together and is definitely not romantic. Also the range of alcohol within the package was a bit limited also with at the time only one local beer. I would expect a selection of beers and wines to make it feel more special. We did complain and they gave us a voucher for the seafood restaurant. This was really lovely, but it was a shame it took a complaint to get this, on honeymoon they should really expect that the couple will want one romantic meal atleast. The rooms also were very basic and the beds quite uncomfortable, really also need to be providing separate shampoos and conditioner. These might be small things but it is that little bit of luxury you do expect from a 5* hotel. Overall we did just feel like 1 in the masses instead of a personal experience. Shame because the beach is lovely.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AllySimmons
General Manager M, General Manager at Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I apologize that you did not like all aspects of your stay and I will follow up each point with my team to seek improvement. We all hope that you will visit us soon again so we can make it right.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We spent a week at the resort and had a great relaxing time. The all inclusive buffet at dinner was varied and tasty and the hotel went all out for Christmas Eve dinner. Staff are very friendly and helpful and always eager to please. The rooms are clean and comfortable and a good size. We stayed in the Deluxe rooms with a great sea view. Sundowners at the Sunset bar were fantastic every evening- glorious sunsets and views. The spa is very nice with a very good relaxing full body massage. There is a PADI registered dive centre on site and we enjoyed several dives whilst on our holiday. The African theme beach dinner on a Thursday night was very entertaining and great fun. All in all I wouldn’t hesitate in returning again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
General Manager M, General Manager at Diamonds La Gemma dell' Est, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear guest

I am very happy that you liked our Xmas, the sunset bar, the rooms and other hotel services. I am always proud to share this kind of feedback with my team and we will all be looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.