“Great authentic Korean experience. Returning customer.”
Review of Smokkim Korean Bbq

Smokkim Korean Bbq
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Rhodes
Reviewed 23 May 2017

Great Korean BBQ experience where you barbecue the food yourself, or you can order dishes cooked by the kitchen. Been there twice and both experiences were great. Will visit again.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

Went last month for a set lunch in this popular Korean restaurant with family. The set lunch was reasonably priced and reasonably big in serving. The restaurant was busy but the waiters and waitresses were attentive and provided best services they could offer. We would happy to return for another set lunch next time!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I've been here a few times. My first experience was with two of my other friends and when we ordered food on our empty stomachs, the waiter had the nerve to tell us that it was 'a lot of meat'- he even added on a bit of a sigh. We all found this highly offensive- because why would you judge customers on how much they order? It was rude and I wondered if they did this for other people too. I visited a number of times after that first one, and it was pretty okay. The staff were more friendly. I couldn't help but feel judged, still.

The most recent visit (26th Feb 2017) was a shocker. My sister and I were one of the FIRST customers to come in. We came in with empty stomachs yet again. We ordered the shabu shabu for two, the house special stir-fried kimchi and a pork cutlet. The first waitress was very nice, but when she confirmed our order, the head lady (must have been a manager) came over to us and said "I think that's more than enough for you to eat." I was APPALLED by this judgement and choice of words. I was taking the pork cutlet home for my family since it was one of their favourite foods to eat. I had heard good things about the item. But, this was the last straw. When we got our shabu shabu, the cabbage was spotted black all over. The staff gave us dirty stares as my sister and I ate. I felt so upset that this had to happen on a day I was looking forward to. I cannot believe that something like this happened at the same restaurant, yet again.

I'm not coming here anymore. The food was great, but I recommend re-training your staff and how they act towards people. Your attitudes affect whether or not people come here. This is a disgrace. I love Korean food, but I can get this same quality elsewhere and much closer. I only go to Rhodes for this place. It was fun while it lasted, but I'm so sick of the judgement we get for ordering foods WE WANT TO TRY.

4  Thank Trish B
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

This place serves decent Korean food. Mainly came here for the BBQ. You can order single dishes, or utilise the BBQ in the middle of the table. You can cook it yourself or ask for some assistance from the staff if required.

The BBQ is awesome and I recommend you try it (beef). Side dishes can be requested as frequently as needed. Bibimbap and the crab ramen was also delicious.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

Went here for a work lunch, service was great, food came out quite quickly and the bibimbap....so delicious!

I would highly recommend coming for lunch or dinner if you have a hankering for great Korean food!