Checking in at the resort was a breeze, friendly porter took us to our room which was a family room with bunk beds. Room was well equipped but looked tired for a 5 star resort. Kids were excited to explore the beach but to our disappointment we found no beach but dirty black sand. I suppose when you build a resort on reclaimed swamp land one cannot expect much.
Service in the Lagoon restaurant was the worst we had, I had to keep asking the staff for cutlery, napkins, water, clearing the table etc during the buffet breakfast and dinner.. Could understand if the restaurant was busy but it wasn't.
On this trip we stayed at other 2 other 5 star resorts in Fiji and found that the Sofittel didn't provide great value for money for families nor match up to the standards of the other resorts for a luxury resort.
A disappointing end to an otherwise great holiday in Fiji.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Fiji Resort and Spa is located on beautiful Denarau Island. This five star Fiji resort overlooks the beachfront, adjacent to the world class Denarau Golf and Racquet Club. Our Fiji beach resort offers 296 rooms, each with a private balcony. Other features at this Fiji luxury resort include a private beach, wedding chapel, swimming pools, three restaurants, four bars, an international health spa, and one of the largest ballroom on the island. A bustling marina and cultural temples are located nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Fiji Resort And Spa
- Sofitel Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sofitel Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sofitel
- Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa Denarau Island