2,547 results
All reviews flying fish feast restaurant ocean studio ocean front chime bar kids club bula bus buffet breakfast two double beds port denarau food and drinks golf course coral coast jet ski relaxing holiday water sports kids pool
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Solo traveler stayed 7 nights. The hotel is lush but the rooms are looking a bit tired. The restaurants, especially Flying Fish are highly recommended although the price is high for the experience at 'Feast'. The staff are fantastic and make you feel extremely welcome with a check in that makes you feel special! The pools and the sun loungers are the biggest problem here if you want to relax. There aren't enough loungers and they are all 'taken' by 7am. The main pool area is packed all day with children and the noise can be overwhelming! There is an adult pool that has approx 8 sun loungers. These are taken by 6.30am. Without loungers the sand is not good to sit/lay on. Loungers and places to sit along the beach are very few and again, taken for the whole day by early morning. People staying on the ground floor appear to take the loungers to their accomodation and keep them outside their front door. Great place for kids if the parents are prepared to 'camp' early in the morning by the pool and defend their spot all day. For adult R&R and peace this is not the place to be. Much prefer the Radisson as it has more space and the pool areas are well arranged and catered for. I wouldn't stay here again but if you have loads of demanding, screaming children, you will love it!

Room Tip: Try to get a ground floor position away from the noise of the live entertainment which is in the main building
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Planetwalker180
Reviewed 20 September 2011

My husband, our 2.5 year old son and I stayed at this resort for 7 nights.

Accommodation

Our room was lovely. The beds are a little small if you are a giant! We had a nice view to the ocean. The pick off the room is on the ground floor closest to the ocean, though I am not sure how you get those.

Food & Drinks

We found the food and drinks to be a bit on the expensive side. Ok if you are here for a couple of days, but "double the Aussie price" every meal for a week can really start to add up.

We ended up getting a Starwood Priviliges Card which cost about $300 and bought us 50 % off meals and 15 % off drinks. We about got our money back.

I wouldn't buy the breakfast package if I had the Priviliges Card. Smorgasboard breakfasts every morning is a bit full on if you are staying more than a couple of days.

We enjoyed Feast, found the Flying Fish had a limited menu, but pretty good quality.

We actually enjoyed MooMoo the most, which is a steakhouse located in the Westin nearby. There are good casual dinning options at the Golf Club house across the road (for Pizza and the Australian football, especially rugby) and in the Westin.

By the way, you can slip next door to the Raddison where you can enjoy two for one happy hour from 5 - 7 pm.

We also ate at Denarau Port. By far the most variety and best value for money.

Entertainment

The activities during the day include facepainting for the kids, coconut cracking, touch football on the beach. All family orientated. It is pretty limited apart from that, so you need to make sure you bring a book and the frame of mind to have a relaxing break.

The Sheraton really let us down in the evening. In the Chime Bar, they played dodgy wedding singer style music. On the other hand, the Westin had a fabulous two man band playing Oasis and other Chilled out notes. It had a great atmosphere.

Day Trips

We went to Mala Mala island for a day trip including lunch for $100 each Fijian. It was a great day, especially if you have kids. Only 40 minutes away, the island is small and the staff did all the entertaining. Great Snorkling, BBQ lunch, volleyball game, fish feeding and signing from the staff. Again, probably best suited to families.

On the other hand, we caught the yellow bus to Nadi. It was terrible. In fact, I did not feel staff in that city. Not good shopping, dirty and lacking culture and atmosphere. I would seriously avoid it.

Childminding

Great. Kids Club for over 4 years. Our son needed a nanny, which was cheap at FJ$20 for the first 3 hours, then FJ$6 per hour thereafter. They were all good and readily available.

Internet

Only in the lounge which I thought was pretty pathetic. Of course, you could pay for the iPad to get access elsewhere.

In summary

We had a great stay and I would recommend our holiday to others with a young family. I think 7 days was probably a little too long. If you have kids, you would prefer the Raddison. It has a massive pool with a slippery dip and the kids go wild.

I would also probably stay at the Westin before the Sheraton.

Bula! Enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JanineWebster
Reviewed 14 September 2011

One of the most break taking and beautiful property on Denarau Island. The resort does full justice to the beautiful natural surroundings and the warmth and Smile of the staff has added value to the property.
they have beautiful Bar with live music till mid night and the bar tenders are excellent in preparing the cocktails.
you step out of the lobby area onto the beach to see the beautiful sea and enjoy your beach walks during sun rise or sun set . they have excellent hef who prepares various menu's including vegetarian which is well prepared unlike some other properties near by.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with garden and beach view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank ajnbn
Reviewed 8 September 2011

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Fiji. After days of reading reviews and deciding where to stay we booked 2 nights here and 2 nights in Radisson just to try them out. We wished we could've just stayed in Sheraton. On arrival we were greeted by the staff with the traditional banging of the wooden drums and a warm "BULA!" the bellman quickly gathered our bags and showed us to the reception to check-in. There we where offered cold fruit drink. The hotel lobby is HUGE. It's open so you can see from the entrance to the beach. There are a lot of seating places for guests. They have a very relaxed atmosphere. They have duty free shops, jewelery shops, souvenir shop and sort of dairy type shop to but beers, food, drinks. They also have a coffe shops, NZ ice cream stand, and different restaurants to choose from. The staffs where so friendly and happy.

Our bags where brought up by the staff after a few minutes. We checked-in an Ocean View Room, it is not exactly in front of the beach but you can see it from a far. I requested a higher floor. The Sheraton has the largest area amongst all the hotels I think. They build their accommodations only 2 floors high. It was so airy, really a relaxing feel to it. So open and clean. It was just perfect. Altho' they were a lot of kids and families there, because the hotel area is so open and huge you still feel isolated and relaxed, going to the pool area is a different topic though because of course all the kids are there.

They have bure selling crafts, a small chapel facing the ocean for weddings, sports activities. They also offer daily activities for guests that would benefit adults and kids such as fish feeding, yoga, kava tasting, torch ceremony, etc. (In Radisson, I find that their activities are minimal and mostly focused on the kids), we ended up going back to Sheraton to join some activities.

The pools are also good. They also have adult's only pool. They have ample beach chairs for guests.

We had dinner buffet at Feast, we were offered a 50% off on food at Feast on our first night. It was a good selection of food. We also tried the Flying Fish for $80FJD per person we got 2 course dinner and 2 glasses of wine of our choice, It was a bit pricey but the food was great, the ambiance was also good.

We had room service the morning of our cruise, the omelette breakfast included orange juice, coffee/tea and toast. The toast was soft and cold as well as the omelette. The omelette was overcooked and burnt a bit, the food was unappealing for $25 per person plus $12.50 delivery plus 12% tax...we ended up paying $88! Way too expensive!!

The room was cleaned daily. There are 2 bottle water but I'm not quite sure if they were complimentary or not so we bought water from the hotel shop for $3/bottle.

The room was immaculate. It was clean and spacious. The toilet and shower was huge and clean and modern. They also have rain shower. Our rooms get cleaned everyday and towels replenished.

They have internet wifi for a fee. Walking distance to other hotels and a pizzaria and more shops just outside the hotel.

Our stay here was so relaxing and enjoying. I would highly recommend Sheraton.

Room Tip: Ocean View Room is cheaper that Ocean Front but still get a good view and a nice spacious room. Ask for a room on the second floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ca B
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stayed here with my best friend for a couple of days for my birthday, was a great place to stay!

We had a couple of problems with our room door not working, which we were locked out of for a couple of hours. I think communication between staff wasnt very good, because they kept telling us someone would be on their way... Noone turned up after a couple of hours... However they did make up for it by giving us complimentary drinks at the bar :)

I suggest get on the bula bus ... It's lots of fun and you can see the other resorts on the island !

Overall I recommend staying here! Great value for money!

• Stayed: March 2011