Greeting on arrival is very welcoming and check in fast. A taxi from the airport is very cheap and preferable to the slower buses that drop passengers off at other locations on Denarau. Same on the way back to the airport - book a car as the buses stop at several locations, including the Port. Leave extra time as the check-in procedure at Nadi takes ages. Anyway, back to The Sheraton. Room was great, bed comfortable, very clean, bathroom fab. Kettle and fridge in room with long life milk and tea & coffee provided. Would have like a security chain on the door. The interconnecting door made us feel a little uncomfortable, luckily the people next door were quiet and the in room air-con drowns out a lot of ambient noise too - it would have been a nightmare if there were kids next door. The staff were very friendly. The buffet breakfast is well worth the cost, requiring only a snack at lunchtime before an early dinner. Food and drinks at the hotel are very expensive and the short trip to Port Denarau (imagine a Fijian Darling Harbour) via the Bula Bus from the hotel is well worth it with lots of affordable restaurants. Tickets for the Bula Bus are available in the hotel shop. Bus can be quite crowded and sometimes there's a wait if you can't fit on & a late arvo/early evening hotel departure and early return guarantees a seat without a wait. Visited the closing night of the inaugural annual jazz & blues festival over the road from the hotel which was huge fun. Was extremely quiet when we were there as school term time and there were lots of sunbeds but can imagine it might be a bit of a scramble for them during peak time. Free unlimited internet (4 PCs) for hotel guests. Room service food was fantastic and very affordable. If Aussie sport is on, it'll be shown in the sports bar near reception. Pools are small but very nice with a quiet adults pool provided. The pools at the Westin & Denarau Villas are much larger and luxurious. Safe provided in the room but not securely fixed and could be wrenched off the melamine unit quite easily. When I asked if there was a hotel security deposit box available at reception (as is available in most large hotels) I was repeatedly told that there wasn't one and to use the room safe, despite the card on the in-room safe urging visitors not to leave valuables in the room and use the reception deposit boxes..... Was a pain carrying passports and valuables around all day. Despite the security thing, I'd definitely stay here again and hope they put chain locks on their room entry doors for extra security and a peaceful sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Fiji Resort is stunningly situated in the tropical oasis of Denarau Island. Designed with comfort in mind, the 297 spacious guest rooms and suites are beautifully furnished in harmony with the idyllic South Pacific setting. The resort is the ideal playground for vacationers and families to experience an array of dining venues and leisure activities. With its close proximity to Denarau Marina, it has an easy and quick access to the beautiful outer islands, shopping and a vast range of dining experiences. The resort is the ideal backdrop for an unforgettable destination wedding in Fiji or a corporate style event. Starwood Preferred Guest(R) Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. As part of Fiji’s only 5 star integrated resort complex, guests have access to facilities at the adjacent Sheraton Denarau Villas and The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa giving guests a choice of 12 restaurant and bars & 6 swimming pools to experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Fiji Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Fiji Hotel Denarau Island
- Sheraton Denarau Island
- Denarau Island Sheraton
- Sheraton Fiji Resort Denarau Island