The Terraces Apartments(Denarau Island)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$195
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

Radisson Blu Resort Fiji Denarau Island(Denarau Island)(Great Value!)
US$279
US$219
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$269/night.

Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa(Denarau Island)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$249
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$300/night.

US$705
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$104
US$83
  • Pool
Tropic of Capricorn(Nadi)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$44
US$40
The Palms Denarau(Denarau Island)
TripAdvisor
2,439 results
All reviewsflying fishfeast restaurantocean studioocean frontchime barkids clubbula busbuffet breakfastport denaraufood and drinksgolf coursecoral coastjet skirelaxing holidaywater sportskids poolday trip
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Staff wonderful, always friendly even though they are paid poorly, Room nice ocean views, from this hotel you can walk to around 4 resorts and use thier pools. Breakfasts were lovely good choices.

Warning watch out for th e prices of drinks and food at hotel, all prices listed are plus 20% vat tax, even though the government vat is only 17.5% the hotel creams off the rest, Free internet is very slow. If you need to buy any food go to Nadi $1.00 on bus to get there. Bottle of Vodka in shop outside hotel $130.00 fijian, 24 cans of beer $48.00 Pays to buy a package deal, breakfasts included.

If you want to eat out take the $7.00 fijian Bula bus to Port Denarau, all day round trips for that price, it's great fun, and visits all the resorts on the island. Restaurants in Port are very nice good food, try the Italian one. The hotel needs a casino, and a Subway store

Room Tip: Make sure it has the size bed you want
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tekoa_24
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Not at all impressed. Beautiful looking kids club was great. Breakfast was beautiful, but the rooms not even a little white clothes line to dry your towels. Don't use the phones $7.42 pet min and then they don't disconnect the phone properly got an $11000 phone bill. They wiped most of it but still added at least 30% to each call over $100 per phone call. Even though it was fixed still left a really sour taste considering phone calls from the Naviti on the otherside of Fiji were on $2

• Stayed: May 2011
3  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 8 May 2011

Travelled with 2 young kids, father and adult siblings. Great place for all ages. Kids were sick for most part of stay so didn't get to take advantage of kids club or pool as much but great entertainment for the adults. Prices are little over priced but then it is the Sheraton at Denarau. DON'T order room service as it will cost you $10FJ to deliver it to your room as we found out..... Best tip for budget travellers that want to stay someone nice but skimp on food is to eat out at the Marina it has heaps of food places which are reasonably priced.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Gidget73
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I stayed at the Sheraton in Port Denarau in December 2010, most notably the peak time for families travelling. As a result the place was crowded and I did not feel as if I was in Fiji.

The hotel itself is lovely, entering on our first night, the lobby was large and inviting, very modern and classy. This made us very excited for a promising nice stay at the resort. The rooms were clean and well decorated. Our beds were extremely comfy and I could see the ocean from lying in bed. The bathroom was amazing, spacious and well decorated. My only concern with our room was the fact that I could never find it! the buildings are all exactly the same, in the same type of layout and it took me a while to figure out where I was going the entire time!

The pools were stunning, and had great views and lots of room to swim. My only concern is that the 3 pools at the resort were only good for casual swimming not for jumping or more fun types of activites. This was however complemented by the Villa pools, which were lovely and at the same time, were easy to swim in, and were way less crowded, as all the kids were at the main resort pools. I also found myself swimming at the Westin pools, as they were exciting and also less crowded by children.

The food was fantastic, just normal western food we are used to here in Australia. This was fine, however i do love to sample Fijian cuisine when I am there. The Flying Fish Restaurant was amazing, sitting at the table on the edge of the restaurant, feet in the sand, looking at the sunset, I was in my zone!

My negative comments:
- too large, and walking everywhere took forever!
- too commercial for my liking, the Fijian atmosphere was not there, I merely felt like I was in Queensland.
- too many kids - if you dont want a kid atmosphere, dont go there!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank wardsc10
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Sheraton Resort, Denarau Island, Fiji

Stay –3 nights Sheraton, 4 day cruise Blue Lagoon, 2 nights Sheraton

We loved it ! I did read all the reviews (as I always do) but … in the end we thought it was great.

Some things to commend it:
- Staff were really lovely ! Bula everywhere … :-)
- Service was excellent
- Swimming pools were excellent, and great for small toddlers (and you can pool hop to the Sheraton Villas, Westin!)
- Sunset … on the Sheraton side of the island
- We thought a better beach on the Sheraton side (vs the Westin side)
- Perfect location for early morning walk (well I guess all the hotels are!)
- Rooms lovely, beds comfortable and amenities good

Some really small picky things:
- Not all Ocean view rooms are the same, the one we had the first 3 nights had an ocean view only from the very side of the room and the balcony …
- Food and drink were expensive (but so was the rest of Denarau really)
- As with all resorts, typically run out of pool towels (and I really dislike people that leave their pool towels on the pool chairs when they aren’t even there! And for hours at a time … grhh)
- Check in for our 2nd stay was slow and we had to wait until the check-in time of 3pm for our room (ok this is the official time, but its always nice to check in early when you can! Especially as we had transferred back from the cruise), they were going to call when ready but didn’t.

Transport
- We pre-organised, but I would just cab it next time (quicker by far)
- Cabs into town were fine for us and only $5 each way.

Meals:
- Way overpriced for what they were !
- Would recommend: Salt at the Sofitel though, it was lovely :-) and the Fijian at Port Denarau (was fun!). Port Denarau also had some great entertainment in the evening.
- Breakfasts were very good so we munched up!
- We also picked up lunch a few times at the little café outside of the hotel (was not so scenic but quite well priced), near the small supermarket.

Other things:
- Babysitting - we had a lovely lady who was great with our little one, did all that could be expected.
- Had fun during Happy Hour ... :-)
- Would recommend the Captain Cook sunset cruise, was really enjoyable …

Blue Lagoon Cruise – 4 day/3 night
- Amazing ... would totally recommend it for anyone wanting a small boat cruise ... staff were fabulous, food was great, but drink prices at little on the hefty side.
- Cabin was perfect with the cot …
- Only downside - transfers and pre-boarding was soooo long and tiresome (and boring) ... needs to be cut by an hour or two! Such a lovely day to be stuck inside a lounge ... but once on the cruise, all fabulous.
- Busy with a toddler ... so would caution others going in that you need to watch them 24/7 so they don't fall overboard!
- Apparently the staff are paid very low, so it would be better to make the cruise a bit cheaper and give them more tips :-) they were multi-skilled and very talented.
- The beaches and scenery were just beautiful and it was well worth doing !

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the beach or opposite it!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family