7,767 results
All reviews private island palomino island water park la marina puerto rico marina area chops splash bar ferry ride horseback riding cable car rented a car water shoes walk in closet cafe caribe ocean view las casitas
Reviewed 12 August 2018

With the recent storm events experienced last year, I was glad to hear that the hotel was opened. I was extremely please at the accommodation and service granted to me during the stay. I cannot wait to take advantage of this place again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed 6 August 2018

El Conquistador continues to house recovery personnel but is open to the public. If you are headed to PR soon, I highly recommend staying here!!!! I recognize the resort is only a shell of its normal elegance and vibrance, but we just stayed 2 nights and had this beautiful resort almost all to ourselves! There are no "resort" services but our room was clean and the view was PERFECTION! The impact of the hurricanes is visible in the physical property but the view makes up for that. There is very limited staff but that suited our needs perfectly. Their private island and water park are closed, but we spent 1 day on a boat trip to Culebra and a second day on a jet ski tour. In the evenings we had the beautiful hotel pool all to ourselves. The inside bar was open and we were able to bring our drinks to the pool. In the morning we got up and roamed the property looking for the perfect spot to watch the sun rise and literally didn't see anyone else until we went to breakfast. Pancho was running the breakfast buffet and he had plenty of time to talk with us about Fajardo. If you are looking for a hotel in Fajardo, have simple needs and want to support the return of a classic resort, please consider staying here. We loved it!!!

Stayed: August 2018
4  Thank Gina S
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself was nice but I have to say that seeing such beautiful large parrots cooped up in tiny cages was heartbreaking. Totally ruined the experience for us. They looked absolutely miserable. The fact that the hotel is exploiting animals like this and can’t even treat them properly was horrific to us. These innocent birds are essentially confined in a prison cell. What did they do to deserve this? Any hotel that would treat animals in this way do not deserve a good rating. Again, this just ruined the experience for us. On checking in I felt like crying seeing these birds that were very likely stolen from the wild, spending their days in a tiny cage.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Spanglestoo
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I was there a few years ago and rated this 2 stars. Between customer service, musty rooms, pricey but not worth it, I wouldn'trecommend. Now, gave it anothe r chance despite reviews and still had the same complaints, however I believe in hope and change. NOPE, still the same o mediocre hotel. From the time you check in, they still have the worst poor customer service category that you can imagine, still a snoby lazy ugly attitude, that can ruined your stay. However, I carried negatively spray with me, as Im always prepare. As many have noted the extra fees are ridiculous, been to too many hotel, resorts around the world, this one is the only one that will come up with about 600 usa dollars on fees. Rooms: still musty, still smelly, still uncomfortable beds. Was not from the storm (it was the same 8 yrs ago). The hotel: same poor mediocre conditions, however spacious as I stated before, in terms of premises, lots of pools and Palomimo island is a plus. But again, you can take any excursion to any of this islands outside from hotel. The staff: again that same poor unprofessional customer service, not friendly. Maybe the hiring or adding traning customer service basics will help...maybe putting short clips of other hotels/resorts from other countries or usa as an example how it suppose to look like will help...
Restaurants: ugh.
No security.
Overall: Like I rated 8 yrs ago, I will again. However I will rate less..for NO effort. Management has a big impact on this and should be overseeing this issues, so maybe management should be change. Other than that, I would still NoT recommend. This hotel is like a bad embarrasment seed for the Name that carrys. Should be called a motel and should be charging as one. Mediocre at is best.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank RozCt
Reviewed 16 July 2018

This resort was obviously hit hard by Hurricane Maria. The website stated that the hotel was open, that there was pool access, etc... but that the hotel was still under construction as part of the restoration process. This was the understatement of the CENTURY - there are broken tiles and windows EVERYWHERE, the majority of the hotel isn't open yet, and for some reason that I can't fathom (except to potentially test out systems as they are repaired), the are allowing a small number of guests to stay. The rooms are musty, the hallways are dirty and have obstacles throughout (due to storm damage, etc). No minibar, no refrigerator, no room service. Check in was something out of the Walking Dead - arrived after hours around 10PM (which wasn't reflected on the website and had to wait at the gate while they figured out if they could check us in), then was met by security who opened a room for us (which we couldn't leave because we didn't have a key to get in / out, not to mention that there was no valet and the cars were parked in a lot on the other side of the property). The air conditioning wasn't working and the fan wasn't working (was installed backwards), so had to call engineering to resolve. Hotel's lights were all turned off, with only emergency lighting on, so it was SCARY! Was told by all staff that I interacted with that they weren't sure why the resort was open, that they were trying to save money (hence all the lights being off except the absolutely necessities and use of flashlights) and that the resort took a major beating.

If expectations were clearly managed when staying here in the interim during restoration, this stay wouldn't have been so egregious. However, my experience was absolutely horrendous and a travesty to the Waldorf Astoria name / brand.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple