Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 September 2019

I stayed at this hotel for two nights and it felt like a long time! The place is mainly known for the Luminous Lagoon boat trip. I had been on that trip before and it had been pleasant which is why I gave the hotel a try. I really wish I hadn’t!

The decor:
The hotel is really drab and to say, well worn, is being kind. The hotel rooms and furniture are dated and the curtains barely met. I had a room at the front and the noise of the traffic was continuous throughout the night. It was extremely difficult to get some sleep. The tiles in the bathroom were cracked and the tub had some sort of stain. There was no hot water from the shower but some in the hand basin. Overall the tile floors and the room were generally clean. The telephone did not work which was not helpful when I had to ring the lobby to change the pillow slip which had a dirty mark on it. There was not attempt to address the problem. There was no water to drink in the room. If you wanted anything from the restaurant it had to be purchased before 9pm when it shut!

The restaurant
This is open plan which could have been pleasant. However, the plastic flowers on the table were dusty and the fans needed cleaning. The mosquitos descended at about 6pm and the hotel had little arranged to prevent this happening. A mosquito coil was quickly set up after I grumbled about being bitten!
The food was actually awful. The soup which comes with the main meal was absolutely tasteless. The jerk chicken which I had was dreadful. The sauce was just that, not cooked and smoked into the chicken, which is the essence of jerk chicken. The clue being in the name!
I planned to have a small of glass of Appleton Rum until I was told the price was $7.50 which gave me pause. The food is frankly over priced and way below expectation. The staff are generally pleasant but they have no idea about customer service. I waited for milk for my coffee on two occasions and had to repeat the request before the milk arrived; asking for water seemed to invoke surprise; paying the bill required me going to the bar to make payment. Requesting a substitution of callaloo at breakfast ( which was included in the nightly hotel price ) elicited an additional payment of J$200!
I was not told that the hotel only takes a credit card if the bill is over $25. This kind of explains the exorbitant prices but does not excuse the appalling quality. It is all the more irritating when the web site laughably refers to the restaurant as a “fine dining” experience.

Access
If you have any disability- don’t bother. There are steps everywhere. I am fortunate to have good mobility but having to drag my case up stairs and then up two flights of stairs to the room was tiring. The hotel does not have a functional front desk hence the need to drag my case up flights of stairs. It would have been helpful to have had some assistance on arrival.

The pool
The pool looked less than sanitary and I decided to forego a swim when the staff were unable to state when the pool was last cleaned. The entire pool area needs revamping but in the scheme of things is probably the least of the problems here.

The hotel nightly rate
Frankly it is vastly overpriced for what is on offer at the hotel. There is a real feel of nickel and dime-ing!

The hotel nightly price was also to include the luminous lagoon boat ride. However, the hotel attempted to charge me a further $25! I refused and was later told that the last boat had gone at 6.30pm despite the fact I had said I wished to go.
Finally, I should have realised what to expect when I was told the internet was down. It did work later but the following day it was sporadic. There was also a huge clue when full payment for my stay was required at check-in which I now assume is to avoid people immediately checking-out.
Honestly, just don’t bother with this place. It truly isn’t worth it.

Room tip: Find another hotel
Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank Vacationsaround
Reviewed 6 July 2019

My family and I stayed at this ratchet hotel or “resort” rather by default. Southwest sent us here for the night due to issues with flying out on the day that we were supposed to leave. The odor of the room was so bad & strong that I was unable to eat my food. There were ants and spiders in the shower. There was a large hole in the closet with an exposed pipe. I could not sleep at this place, I was to afraid that some large rodent or something dreadful would come out of the large hole in the closet!!! I watched my 6 year old as she finally fell asleep after being worried about the bugs and spiders. I blame Southwest Airlines for sending us to such a terrible place to get 4 hours of sleep after being left left in a hot airport and told nothing for 13 hours! Southwest Airlines & staying at this nasty hotel ruined our great Jamaican vacation.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Nolalove78
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Basic hotel on waterfront location. Restraurant closes at 9pm SHARP and there are no drinks or facilities in the rooms unless you buy some from local stores! Hotel is close to the main East West highway and can be noisy at night!

Room tip: Stay at the Holiday Inn 5 mins away!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The rooms are nice enough for what this hotel is...an amateurish attempt at hospitality.
I spent three nights from September 24th 2017 on a reservation made by my local client.
Prior to flying in we verified that they accepted Amex as that was what our business uses.
Well it turned out the Amex authorization line was allegedly down. We had filled out a registration card which included the Amex information, together with back and front copies of the card.
You would think all they had to do was to call Amex and request authorization verbally. Oh no!
The owner himself vetoed that idea and demanded upfront cash payment and we were invited to find another hotel if we did not have the cash to pay for the entire stay in advance. This was Sunday at 4:30 pm in a sleepy Jamaican town. He did not care, he wanted cash now!
We pleaded our case including him taking the cards to the local bank for validation the Monday morning as we had to start on the job site st 7am.
On returning to the hotel at 6:30pm we were informed that either cash noe or he was throwing us out.
Guess what? They finally agreed to take Visa and hooray the line was working just fine.
A miracle!
Bottom line was he wanted cash or Visa as he did not want to take Amex despite the signs etc etc.

Never again shall we return to this establishment as customer satisfaction is apparently a cuss-word there.
The owner is probably more qualified to operate a livery stable.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
8  Thank 658carltonh
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We opted to stay at the hotel since we were going to tour the lagoon in the night. The stay was okay; nothing to complain about hotel wise except the mosquitoes outside at nights. Its good value for money as it was not pricey.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple