“Brown Stew Chicken was amazing!”

Pepper's Jerk Center
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Jamaican
Description: Jerk chicken
Description: Jerk chicken
Reviewed 17 January 2018

We went on a rainy day for some jerk chicken. It wasn't ready yet, 10 minute wait for it. I decided at the last minute to also order some brown stew chicken, which was ready. The jerk chicken was nothing to write home about. It wasn't pepper enough. There just wasn't enough flavor. The rice and peas, however, were very tasty. Later that evening I had the brown stew chicken! It was bursting with flavor! So much better than the jerk chicken. In my humble opinion, the jerk chicken is not worth getting here. I would definitely return for more of the brown stew chicken though, and maybe to try out some of the other dishes besides jerk. Also I was hoping to get some roast breadfruit, but the lady told me there is none because it is not in season in January.

Also, there were plenty of people smoking weed all around, so it this offends you, this is not the place for you.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Look, LOVE LOVE LOVE this place! Amazing vibe! Food, to die for! Owner stopped by the table personally to see how we were doing! And i plan on going back one day! They showed love and amazing entertainment. Shoutout to Mr. Impossible on the Limbo!

Reviewed 15 January 2018

While some people probably love this place, it is important to understand what it is. This is a shack style restaurant which is similar to a dive bar. The other customers were smoking weed all around our table and there was a guy on a microphone dressed as a clown cussing into the microphone. The food was actually pretty good, but we got out of there as fast as possible because the kids were scared. Definitely do not bring children here. It is questionable for safety and not family friendly whatsoever.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

The food here was excellent. Instead of eating in one of the "protected" restaurants in the cruiseship terminal - I would suggest heading here. It was fantastic.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Before my cruise, I researched the best place for jerk in Falmouth and was told about Peppers. Walked there from the cruise port. Ordered a double plate of jerk chicken and curry chicken with peas and rice, cabbage and plantains. I have been eating Jamaica food in the US for over 30 years. This is the BEST I have ever had!!! Washed it down with a Red Stripe beer. So glad I came to Jamaica. I met the owner, Rennie. He was very nice and appreciated our business. It was nice to enjoy great food and support a locally owned black business in walking distance from the ship.

1  Thank Gloria C