“MY LOCAL DRINKING DEN”

Price range: US$5 - US$5
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 16 September 2017

A nice place to pop in and have a quiet drink in the afternoon, with local people. A swimming pool beckons! The evening is dominated by tourists going on the Luminous Lagoon(not taken the trip yet!)

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Once in a lifetime experience! I never seen anything like this before. We were recommended to come here by people from our resort & it was so worth it! There was a captain, two lifeguards and one photographer on the boat with us. We were 6 in our group and a few others on the boat. The captain explained to us about how the water glows and all that scientific stuff. The water was so beautiful when you moved your arms and legs in the water. I would definitely recommend wearing a lifevest because some places are a little deeper than others. Everyone was soo nice there and helpful. We also bought the pictures they took also.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Relax at a table by the waterfront and chillax with a drink from the bar and a meal of curried goat or chicken while awaiting the sunset, after which you can take a short boat ride from the shore, with friendly persons.. enjoy the fresh air , stars above and glowing water that lights up by the bacteria as their natural habitat is disturbed.. feel the cool Caribbean water on ur skin as the droplets glow. For those who enjoy nature and water, this is a must.. its something I will strongly recommend.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

I am not a huge fan of water and definantly not water at night but this is not something you can pass up. I was on a trip w some friends and as soon as someone jumped in and the water turned neon blue I had to try it myself. The water is only about 5 feet deep and has a squishy bottom. There are supposedly no sharks or any scary things in this water, as they told us. A lot of people on the boat did say they were getting bit by mosquitoes so big spray may be recommended. And one of my favorite parts was being out on the water at night and looking up at the amazing stars you can see in Jamaica. Not only is the water amazing but the whole atmosphere of the trip.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

What a neat excursion! The lake is amazing, and swimming in the lagoon, even with the brackish water and REALLY slimy bottom was an amazing experience!