US$106
US$72
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$87
US$84
Hotel Residencial Cervantes(David)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$42
Bed and Breakfast Little Italy(David)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$44
Hotels.com
La Casa de la Abuela(Boquete)(Great Value!)
Arte Hostal(Boquete)(Great Value!)
US$27
Boquete Lodge(Boquete)(Great Value!)
US$43
Alto Boquete Hostal(Boquete)(Great Value!)
US$61
Seagull Cove Resort(Boca Chica)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$140
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is a really unique and special place. 3 things: 1.You have to want to get here as it's a challenge. If you're in Panama City you can rent a car and drive for 7 hours to Boca Chica (good luck with that) before the boat transfer. Or you can fly to David and get a car service to Boca Chica. If you are in David you can drive it in about an hour and there is parking at the pier in Boca Chica. 2. There is NO ELECTRICITY (everything is run on solar)- you will not be charging your Kindle or IPhone or laptop or camera so bring extra batteries. 3. You must love nature.

We were met at the pier by Grant, knower and provider of all things Isla Paridita and he took us the 12 miles across Chiriquí Bay to the island. Landing was on a gorgeous, sparkling black sand beach. Our luggage was placed in wheel barrows and disappeared. We were led to a path that looked like brick but is actually concrete with designs in it to keep you out of the mud and on firm footing as well as moving in the right direction. This path is very, very cool and takes you all over the island. It takes about 10 minutes to walk across the island to the cabana side. The jungle is more like a forest littered with palm trees and black and gray boulders and lizards and iguanas scurrying about and it is so beautiful.

We stayed at a beachfront cabana at the end of an off-shoot of the path. Loved, loved the cabanas. They're on stilts and the front porch hangs over the top of the beach. There are chairs and a hammock. No doors or windows or full walls. Wooden floors, bamboo walls, thatched roof. The stone shower is attached to the property but with walls low enough to look out at the jungle and empty beach.

It's a short walk to the bar/restaurant, past an outdoor shower where you can rinse off after a swim in the ocean. There's a communal table for meals and a small kitchen where Flor made the best coffee I've ever had in my life. Meals are good and Grant is prompt to offer Isla Paridita punch or a beer. And as promised there is ice available. Tons of fresh fruit for breakfast and fish is caught nearly daily. The well water is safe and delicious.

You can do as many activities as you want (fishing, swimming, snorkeling, kayaking) or simply be gob smacked at the intense beauty of the surroundings. The view changes constantly with the tide and it is dramatic. King crabs and iguanas come around for leftovers after dinner. Hermit crabs and small king crabs litter the path (watch your step as some will play chicken) and lizards dart around and scurry off into the underbrush.

It is simply stunning and we loved being here. Word of the week was Magnificent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank kimbo1010
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My wife and I visited Isla Paridita on our honeymoon in late May 2012. The rainy season was just beginning. It was fairly buggy - something we're told is not a problem outside of the rainy season - and it rained nearly every night. The island is beautiful. We had the beach wholly to ourselves. Snorkeling is available immediately on a rocky outcrop from the shore. There are excellent sunset views from a cliff just off the dining hut. Grant was also available to take us fishing or on excursions to other islands, island caves, or tidal pools on Isla Paridita. His wife's cooking was very, very good - best we had in Panama.

If I had one complaint, it was that sometimes when it rained at night, the water blew into the hut making for a less than steller sleep. Again, that wouldnt be a problem during the dry season.

Prior to visiting, I experienced a fair amount of anxiety. I had paid half up front via paypal through their website. When it came time for my second payment - which was to be in full prior to arrival - the website had died. There are relatively few reviews here and the web presence was almost non-existent. I became very concerned but I was eventually able to locate a phone number in the united states connected with the place. I ended up speaking with Grant's father who owns the Island. Grant's father, George, lives and San Diego - if you call and he answers "Hotel Palomar," don't be concerned, you have the right number. I felt very assured after speaking with George and was able to send my final payment.

When we arrived, everything worked like clockwork. Grant had a driver waiting for us at the airport and Grant and his wife and beautiful daughter were waiting at the dock for us.

It is a truly unique place. While the rooms are spartan (they are exactly as the pictures show), if you are ok with that, you have to go!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 30 January 2012

If you have ever fantasized about being on a secluded tropical island, with great food, fun activities, amazing sunsets and long stretches of beach all to yourself this is it! I loved our cabana, clean water, and a very natural setting. Our hosts were awesome! Grant was always available to get our activities (snorkeling, paddle boarding, sea kayak, and fishing) set up for the day! And his lovely wife Marbelle's cooking is the BEST!
We think Isla Peridita is the most unique vacation getaway we have ever encountered! The family obviously put their heart into this place. It is simply wonderful!
No cell phone, no Internet, no problem! There is plenty to do to fill your days. We only wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: Every room is great!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank spicylife
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Spent some R &R on this small tropical island during the holidays. Would like to have remained forever!
-Pristine beaches, clear, warm water with colorful reef fish, play toys (kayaks, paddle boards, powerboat for exploring, fishing…whatever)
-Creatively designed, attractive, bungalows made from renewable materials sourced from the island, that had privacy, comfortable beds, relaxing hammocks, ocean breezes and fiery sunset views.
-All coupled with an interesting, fun, amiable host, George.

And the food was excellent too - fresh and delicious, prepared to accommodate tastes and restrictions

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Isla Paridita is the perfect getaway for couples with an adventuresome spirit. The property is a study in contrasts. The island is remote and beautiful. It is a mix of Hawaii and Panama. Part Swiss Family Robinson – part Ritz Carlton; Part Club Med - part private resort. There are six or seven different beaches from which to choose. Each is different and isolated from the other. The food is simple yet delicious.

There are four cabanas, two overlooking a cliff with crashing waves below and two right on one of the most beautiful beaches you will ever see. I would stay in any of them. The hosts are wonderful. They will try and tailor your food and activities to whatever you want. They make you feel like it is your own private island.

As I said earlier, the island is remote. Don’t even think about your cell phone or the internet. You will be completely unplugged. It does have basic electricity, from solar cells and batteries but you will hardly every use it. I think it was the first time in 10+ years I never even took my cell phone out of the suitcase. The real miracle is the world continued to spin without access to email or messages. I think many readers will understand what I am talking about.

I did countless hours of research on where to spend a few days of vacation (second honeymoon) in Panama. Panama is Panama. It is not (yet) a typical tropical destination for the average American or European tourist. The one trend I found in all of my research is there are several resorts who try to be like the 5 star resorts elsewhere in the Caribbean. While many of them are nice they will fall short of their peers in more developed locales. So I decided, why try that route. If I want the lavish 5 star resort, I will go to St. Croix or St. Barts. I decided to subscribe to the old adage, when in Rome, do as the Romans.

Isla Paridita is a truly unique resort and unique to Panama. It knows what it is and what it is not. In our opinion, it is not to be missed. This kind of resort is disappearing, if they ever existed before. It is family run, not a corporate chain. Go visit while you can. You will not be disappointed.

FYI – consider going with 4 couples (or family) and rent the whole island at a time. That is what we are going to do. Your own private island with your friends or family – paradise. I guarantee it would be a once in a life time experience for everyone.

Room Tip: Any of the four cabanas are perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple