All reviews stay there again great place to stay hot water hillside church breakfast shower
Reviewed 31 December 2015

Not much to look at from the outside but step inside and you are in a very well-run little operation. Immaculate bedrooms and bathrooms which have been very well decorated and are in tip-top condition. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom a good size. Lovely staff dish up a good breakfast and are very helpful. Only one block from the main square on a quiet street. Superb.

Room Tip: All pretty much the same
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BristolCharles
Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed a week on the second floor with a view of the hillside. Room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. (Would have liked a few more clothes hangers)

Choice of 5 different breakfasts in the morning -- all freshly made by a friendly cook. Hot tasty coffee too.

Overall the hotel was quaint, lovingly decorated, and immaculately cared for. Advertised that staff spoke many languages, but apparently English was not one of them. (That's my problem -- I have to improve my Spanish. But if your Spanish is very limited, could be difficult.) Outdoor space was limited, but the hotel is only two blocks from the main park.

All in all would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2015

I have been treated like royalty--quality you'd expect from a 5 star hotel in the US. Best breakfast I've had during my 3 weeks in Nicaragua (I was offered a chance to choose breakfast the night before--big bowl of fresh fruit, 2 properly cooked pancakes, and the excellent Nicaraguan coffee.) Room clean, quiet; good quality wifi.

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank bill e
Reviewed 27 July 2015

I visit matagalpa every year, I do both missions work and family time. This place is great, they are so friendly, great breakfast, clean rooms, hot shower, cozy and the price is awesome. I have stayed alone, and with my family. I recommend this place to anyone vising matagalpa.

Maye

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maye1978
Reviewed 4 February 2015

Definitely a great place to stay in Matagalpa. Inexpensive, extremely clean, hot water shower. Easy to walk to restaurants, Central Park, Cathedral, etc. Main floor rooms are noisy, as sound echos from eating/reception area. On safe streets to walk in the evening.

Room Tip: We stayed one night, so main floor room wasn't too bad, even though you can hear every sound in main foyer. If you want quiet, or are staying for longer, ask for room upstairs.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends