“Absolutely Perfect!”

Little Corn Beach and Bungalow
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 July 2017

From the moment we arrived on Little Corn, our stay was perfect. We were greeted at the boat dock by a young man you got our luggage and led us to LCBB. Upon our arrival we were given the best Pina Colada of our lives and snack to recuperate from the epic adventure it took to get there. Our cabana was well appointed with fans, mosquito net, sliding doors that could be opened for even more breeze, and a foot wash. We had everything we needed and were even supplied with snacks and water. We ate at the restaurant often and drank many margaritas! They are delicious! The beach is right outside your door and they even have a floating dock you can hang out on.

Room Tip: Get a cabana
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephanie B
noplansnoreserve, Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Hi Stephanie,
Thank you so much for the wonderful description of your experience with us. Our goal of course, is to make every moment you spend with us, from Dock back to Dock a memory of a lifetime (with a great Pina Colada and Margarita thrown in too). We hope to see you back some day soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Loved this place. As advertised, if not better.

Gorgeous location, wonderful bungalows, friendly professional helpful staff, well-run, world-class food and drinks, authentic/charming rather than corporate, excellent value for money.

Details below if you want to read more...

Setting/Location:
White sand, palm trees, cute well-designed structures, hammocks, beach chairs, peaceful.

The island overall is relatively unspoiled/not overdeveloped. Love that there are no motorized vehicles on Little Corn.

Fun adventure getting to/from the island via panga boat. Choppy on way over, smooth but cramped on way back.

I am a Kiwi who is a world traveler and lived in NYC for 20 years and consider myself relatively adventurous and street-smart...and as a solo female unfortunately I did not feel secure when I walked back from the village alone at dusk. I didn't attempt it after dark. I originally booked LCBB when I thought I had a travel companion joining me. I still think it's worth staying at LCBB as a single but just keep in mind it may limit you wanting to explore the bars/restaurants in town at night. The setting and food/drinks at LCBB are so good that you don't really need to go anywhere else anyway.

Note LCBB is on the windy side of island, which was good to keep heat down while I was there, but the wind makes the water less crystal clear compared to beaches up by Yemaya resort (Yemaya looked lovely but has a more corporate feel, and was relatively overpriced for the average food I had there for lunch. Drinks were twice the price of other places too).

No bugs at LCBB when I was there. And only saw a couple of mosquitoes.

Room:
I had one of Beachfront Master Suite Gulliver bungalows for 3 nights and I loved it. Authentic/Cute/Charming and very well appointed with everything I needed and more.

Helpful booklet in room about the island/LCBB. Complimentary snacks/water in room. Plenty of storage, furniture, hooks, shelves, safe.

It was worth paying the extra to have the backup power kick-in while the village power is off 6am-1pm. I also opted for the RADD deal which was great.

Food and drinks:
Amazing food. Best breakfast. Great dinner. So impressed with the cooking, ingredients, and flavors. Compliments to the chef.

Great waitstaff.

Tables are either up on deck of open-air restaurant or down on the sand. Romantic setting.

And a special mention...I don't usually like Pina Coladas in general. Too sweet and syrupy and blah. But the Pina Coladas here are to die for! The best on planet earth. They gave me a sample at check-in and I had to keep ordering them during my stay as they were divine. Fresh toasted coconut. Magic. I read one woman's review afterward on TripAdvisor that said she lays awake at night dreaming of the Pina Coladas here. She's right!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Ahhh, music to our ears " . . . Pina Coladas here are to die for! The best on planet earth." If we could only describe the hours upon hours we spent in the LCBB research bar coming up with the original recipe :) We offer the only truly frozen (not blended) Pina Coladas, Frappacino, Margaritas and Mud Slides that we know of on the island.

We made a conscious choice years ago to hire only island resident Nicaraguans at the hotel and Turned Turtle Restaurant. We believe we should give back as much as possible to the community and by employing only islanders we are providing stable jobs to many hard working folks. Our cooks for instance have typically never worked in a restaurant before. They trust us when we teach them, they diligently follow our recipes and cook from the heart. Thus, most of the time our food gets wonderful reviews.

When you stay with us, you are helping us do our part to be a positive part of the island and we and our 22 staff members very much appreciate it!

Please come see us again.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

This is not our first post about Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, we continue to return to the island because it is remote, laid back and the island is full of great people. We always stay at LCBB, Why you ask?
They have amazing lodging, king beds with crisp clean sheets with hot showers on a palm tree covered beach only 38 steps away from the ocean, some call this paradise.
They have an amazing staff of locals you go out of their way each and every day to make sure you stay is awesome and that your beverage never runs dry, they make sure your every need is taken care of as a lodging or restaurant guest. I can't say enough good things about the entire staff, they are awesome
The Bungalows and restaurant are sitting on an amazing palm covered beach, that is cleaned of any seagrass daily ready for you to swim, snorkel, paddle board, kayak or just chill.
The amazing Turned Turtle Resturant is on site and dishing out great meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The beers are cold and the frozen drinks are the best.
For us, LCBB offers the best that Little Corn Island has to offer and that is why we have continued to choose Little Corn Beach and Bungalow for our trips. Do yourself a favor, check out the website and book your stay. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

It was wonderful having your family stay with us for the 5th (?) time. And thanks for bringing our newest fan, your niece, with you this time. We hope to see her family and you guys down on LCI again soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

Our stay at LBCC was absolutely perfect from start to finish!

The bungalow and location was perfect, the staff were incredibly helpful and professional, and the amazing food and cocktails was undoubtedly the best we had on Little Corn and probably all of Nicaragua! The complimentary pina colada on arrival was the best I've ever had, the fries were top notch, the spicy red pepper and coconut sauce for the pasta was amazing.

And we loved the music and atmosphere as well ;-)

noplansnoreserve, General Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Thank you Marli for the very kind review!

We are very proud of our Pina Colada's and are glad you enjoyed them so much. We now offer truly "Frozen" not blended Frappaccino from restaurant opening at 7:30am to close at 9pm. So now, you can mix your frozen drinks up a bit at the Turned Turtle Restaurant and Bar. All of our restaurant sauces etc. are made fresh daily so we can continue to attempt to maintain deliciously high standards.

We are glad you stayed with us and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

From the time they met me on the dock, to when they dropped me back off, everything was perfect. The room was great (I stayed in Gilligan), the grounds was wonderful, and the Turned Turtle was even better than I thought could be possible. I loved all of my time relaxing on the hammocks. Luckily the weather was perfect for my trip, but I would have been happy just reading a book on my porch in the rain too. It was beyond cozy. The morning coffee service was such a great way to start my day. I also somehow misplaced an item while I was there and I appreciate the staff and owners taking the time to double check my room after I checked out. I cant say enough about my stay and I can not wait to book a return trip.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
noplansnoreserve, General Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

We know our staff enjoyed having you around. Thank you for being so kind to them. They are friendly, hard working, conscientious folks who work with heart.

We hope to see you back sooner rather than later. Until then, safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Corn Island
0 km away
Hotel Los Delfines
Hotel Los Delfines
#5 of 7 in Little Corn Island

Been to Little Corn Beach and Bungalow? Share your experiences!