If LCBB is within your budget, then stay here. There is one other place on the island that is more of a luxury resort and everywhere else is more for low-budget travelers. We stayed in a bungalow with private bath right on the beach. We had our own porch. There was a loft with a second bed that we didn't need. There is no AC but you don't need it. Just keep the windows open and let the ocean breeze in. We did turn on the fan a couple of times. The bungalow is spacious and comfortable. It is simple but not rustic. We really liked the use of bamboo. And there are hooks everywhere to hang stuff on. Three nights was just right for us. We snorkeled twice and walked all over the island, exploring residential neighborhoods and meeting friendly people. The staff at LCBB are all Nicaraguan except for the American owners. The staff are exceptional. I have been on many island vacations and am always disappointed that the staff are foreign and I miss the chance to meet the locals and learn about local life. Another aspect I liked was the hotel dogs and cats that have been adopted from the island. Very friendly. The LCBB restaurant, Turned Turtle, is also exceptional. Wonderful drinks and food and vegan friendly options and a nice vibe. People from other hotels come to the Turned Turtle to dine. I have to mention that while LCBB's grounds are pristine, much of the beaches are full of trash that washes up from the ocean. Lots of plastic and we even saw a refrigerator and a TV. If you are interested in doing your part to pick up trash, LCBB will give you as many bags as you want and they will ship the trash to the main land. When we went snorkeling, we did not see any trash at all in the ocean. I highly recommend LCBB. Enjoy your visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Corn Islands, Nicaragua