My boyfriend and I stayed for 4 nights in the "Gilligan" bungalow and had a wonderful experience from start (being greeted at the dock, and then welcomed with a pina colada and mixed nuts) to finish (we are very grateful that LCBB has an outdoor shower for guests to use after checking out if you are leaving the island later in the day). Our room was clean and bright, and we could see the beach from our beds with the doors open. The rooms are "open to the elements," (you can see the sand through the spaces in between the floorboards) so you can hear the ocean waves from bed, and also feel safe from insects under the large mosquito nets! My boyfriend was worried about having no air conditioning but you really do not need it; there is a great breeze almost constantly. The ocean in front of the bungalows is good for swimming and snorkeling - we saw a couple schools of fish and a sea star just a few feet out into the water! The owner, Scott, is very kind and a big animal lover, and he graciously helped us treat a stray dogs' wound with antiseptic after the dog had been attacked by other dogs on the island. The other members of staff are also quick to help and make recommendations. Although it's true that LCBB is pricier than other places on the island, the great service, picturesque location, eco-friendly services and lovely rooms make the money well worth it. We hope to be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Corn Islands, Nicaragua