eDreams
Priceline
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for a total of 4 nights. Very friendly guesthouse. Close by the market where I found some great food for breakfasts and close to town. Kong and his family are great hosts, very inclusive of everyone. Amazingly good hot, strong showers too. I went on one of Kong's group tours of the Plain of Jars and it was extremely informative and we also had a lot of laughs.
I liked the central place where you can sit and chat to other guests around a fire. Free coffee and you can buy a beer. It was good to chat to Kong about onward travel plans. That is how I ended up going to Sam Nuea and then on to Viengxay to visit the caves and learn about the history of The Secret War in Laos. Really fascinating and confronting story.
PS I stayed in a standard room which was fine but I had a peek in the bungalows and they looked really nice if you have a few extra dollars.Good value.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2019

I chose this place after reading reviews about the place and Mr Kong and I wasn't dissapointed.

I stayed in the double bungalow - in the newer part. It was clean and comfortable - and quite spacious, with a table - with a great hot shower. I was also given a hair dryer to use (just ask - they don't leave in the rooms as some people steal them).

A fire is stoked up each night in the communal area where you can chat and drink with your host. This place us also a quick walk to restaurants, ATMs and the night market.

I did the Plain of Jars sites 1, 2 & 3 tour with Mr Kong. They run most days as long as there is enough people. More people, the lower the cost. We were 4 people in the end. Mr Kong is a wealth of knowledge and has a lot of interesting information to tell you as well as some humerous stories. He also knows of some good photo opportunities at the Jars sights!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2019

Rented 2 rooms. One room was part of the larger complex; the other was a larger room that was part of the newer complex. Booked through Agoda, and proprietor was very helpful. Showed me the rooms and made sure I liked them before processing the transaction, as is the custom, it seems, in Laos. You ask to see a room if there's vacancy; they show it to you; if you take the room, it means you're okay with it and cannot complain about it too much later. No fridge in either the older or newer room. This region of Laos can get super cold, and the windows never could be shut tight, so mornings were freezing. Super hot water though. In the older room, the toilet was extremely low, even for someone who stands only 5'4''. It's not almost as squatting; it is squatting, to me. Neighbor owns a rooster that wakes you up at 4 every morning, which is the case at about 80 percent of hotels I have stayed in during my time in Laos. Very close to Hmong morning market, where you can find produce, meat, bakery items, and cheap hot food. The morning market is also where you can catch a bus/van to a different city, or a tuktuk within the city or someplace nearer or to the 2 main bus stations. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Bring cash (crisp bills) to pay.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 7 October 2019 via mobile

We had a double room - good size, very clean, fan (not needed as cool at night in October), shower with plenty of hot water - shower and toilet are together but we managed ok

The social fire pit is great as is the 10,000 kip for large beers

Kong is a great host - even picked us up from the airport- we did his day tour of sites 1,2,3 which was excellent- he was a mine of information.

We took the 30 minute flight from LP on Lao Skyways $us50 and then the 6 hour van ride to Vang Vieng (2 stops for toilet and a soup lunch)

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2019

I found the Kongkeo Guesthouse on Booking.Com and booked my dates. I followed up by sending the KG an email and asked about services offered to visit/ tour the Plain of Jars. I received a reply answering my questions. Kong the owner/tour guide is a wonderful host. He has many stories, jokes and offers a wonderful informative tour of the Plain of Jars. I spent two nights in a single room with bathroom. The rooms are very clean, quiet and well maintained. There is a outside lounge area with a nightly fire with beer/coffee avalible. The KG is well located near local markets, restaurants. Great pick, I would return. The KG has their guests in mind and offers a wonderful experience in a rural area.

Room tip: Take Kongs tour.
Date of stay: February 2019