Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2020

1. Location: Not near the main eateries and (few) attractions in town. But easily reached on foot in about 15 minutes' leisurely walk. Given there are not that many options, not really much to complain about here.

2. Rooms: Although the hotel is rather new, it does seem pretty dated in terms of furnishing. That said, rooms are clean and a/c and bathroom functions well. Beds are comfortable. However, you might be better off with your own toiletries.

Temperature drops a bit in these parts; bathroom has hot water, but - of no fault of the hotel - blackouts are frequent, which means there will be no hot water or wifi. Wash up as soon as you can once back in hotel.

3. Amenities: Breakfast is sufficient to get a filling start to the day. Wifi is iffy, but mostly ok. Not a pretty place, but definitely functional, given the choices available here.

4. Staff: Some difficulty in communicating in English, but nothing to complain about too.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Clarence Y
Reviewed 4 February 2020 via mobile

Room is clean and quiet. It is a few blocks from restaurant and bar locations. A/C works ok. Amenities are very minimal be sure to bring extra with you. Breakfast is basic and weighted towards oriental cliental.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2020

The hotel was clean and in a good location for the Plain of Jars. Breakfast was ok. The front desk did their best to help when we had a tour issue and we were given a free airport transfer. It's a bit of a walk to the 'main' shops, but all round ok.

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Hen03
Reviewed 18 November 2019

We stayed here for two nights while visiting the Plain of Jars.Our room was very clean with a big bed and decent bathroom with plenty of hot water. Breakfast was included. It's mostly Asian fare, however, there is fruit and bread and they will make eggs on request. It's not the most centrally located hotel in town, however, it's on the main street and it's only a 10 minute walk to tour agencies, restaurants and bars that cater to tourists. For only $30/night I would not hesitate to recommend it to others who need a place to stay for a night or two.

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank 2_be_global
Reviewed 8 November 2019

I honestly have no reason to complain but I don't think I'd like to come back.. Perhaps one of the reasons is the town itself, very depressing and ugly. The hotel is quite new, the room I got was possibly the biggest I've ever seen but the decor was heavy and I felt like I was visiting some posh relatives I never met before. Reception staff OK, friendly but they had some issues with language and couldn't use the terminal for credit cards (although I liked their honesty - we don't know how to use it). Breakfast quite basic but the ladies were nice. Obviously it's a good place to stay if you want to see the Plain of Jars but as I said, I wouldn't probably come back again. Funny thing - the driver from the hotel was waiting for us at the airport although we never mentioned how and at what time we'll be arriving. When asked he said they always send drivers to the airport and bus stations when they know the guests are arriving. I found it a bit funny and a bit disturbing to be honest but the system apparently works.

Date of stay: October 2019