All reviews bedroom villa in villa dining c beach club private pool golf car self catering three bedroom bbq area golf course villa guests daily maid service an amazing vacation wonderful villa villas offer fully equipped kitchen felt like home nearest supermarket
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We have just come back today 14th August and had a good time at the Villas. As per previous comments the accommodation was great apart from a cold pool.
The Awali is beautiful however it isn’t a truly 5star resort in my mind. Most 5 star resorts wouldn’t expect you to take your towels to the beach from your villa.
Also I found it incredibly frustrating that it was impossible to book a “last minute” dinner reservation. We fancied getting the kids fed and then my wife and I having dinner alone. However when requested we were told food rosters were done by 2.30pm and that we would have to try and implore the individual manager of the restaurant to let us in. I have never experienced such rubbish in any hotel 5* or not. The food was of a good standard without being outstanding.

I found the staff to be great a times and then hit and miss at others. I certainly didn’t feel like tipping as much as I would normal especially in savanna restaurant on Saturday night just gone. They were dreadful.
I would compliment Richie, one of the head chefs (sorry I know I have spelt his name wrong). He made the effort to come over and take the time to ask our opinion and make himself available for feedback.

Iam a bit fussy but I have been to hotels all over the world and I think this isn’t a 5 star. However the setting and the accommodation is 5star. Would I recommend it I don’t know.

2  Thank Steven L
Armelle D, Manager at Heritage The Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback and I am glad to read that you spent a good time at the Villas.

I have taken good note of your feedback concerning Awali and will address your comments to our General Manager there.

I sincerely hope that you will come back to visit us again and we will make sure that our service is up to your standard.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

OK. Before I start I'd like to point out some positives...

First of all, the food throughout the resort - breakfast, pool bar, Palmier, Steak House and Annabellas - even room service - was excellent. Having stayed in many 5 star resorts, this is always normally an issue to a degree, but Heritage get this spot on.

The kids club too, is good and staff lovely. Our kids are 4 and 6.

However, when the staff threaten us with the police after something was taken from our villa, I have fundamental issues with the ethics and morality from what was the most disgusting customer service experience I've ever experienced.

In addition, it took 3 days to clear a stink of sewage from our villa - half he length of stay. No new villa was offered. The villa itself was ok. Good size for the 6 of us. Pool was FREEZING and useless - kids couldnt use it as it was so cold.

Some guy randomly showed up at our villa at 10pm the night before we were due to checkout, (3 kids including 9 month old fast asleep), rang our bell! When no-one answered he rang it again, then proceeded to noisily try and push something under the door. At which point we answered, for the guy to tell us that we need to pay our invoice now. Why??? we check out tomorrow and its 10pm! We politely told him just that. Bizarre.

Towels... I find it strange to be talking about towels in 2018 and in reference to a so-called 5 star resort, but you have to take your own towels from the villa (a km away) to the SERVICED pool and beach. Everyday was a hassle over towels. Reminds me of travelling to a 3 star european resort in the 90s.

Now this beggars belief... (pun intended). One of the waiters at Annabellas, upon me issuing a 800Rp tip (about $30) came back to the table and said 'is this supposed to be for everyone?'. I asked what he meant, thinking surely he cannot be saying what I think he said, but, he repeated it. I have never in my life had a tip questioned. Ever. For the man to have the cheek to bring the bill back to me, look me in the eye and try and shame me into giving more, was simply disgusting. We left immediately of course, which is a shame as the food was good.

Twice our things were taken from the villa. Initially a baby blanket. Which was apparently found in the laundry with bed sheets. Fine, you think. Although I've never in 20 years of vacations had anything go missing from my hotel, it felt like simple human error. The next day, though, the same happened again. This time with very expensive trousers. After searching the villa for hours, being told that laundry do not have them, to having a man tell us we are lying about them going, we refused to settle the bill (balance less value than the trousers, might i add). He even told us to UNPACK our 9 cases to search for them. Can you imagine! 3 kids in tow, taxi waiting to take us, all packed up. Madness. We refused to unpack, to which point he threatened to phone the police. It was disgusting to hear a so called guest relations officer threaten us with authorities instead of helping us locate the trousers. We dont know and never accused anyone of stealing, we assumed human error, as they did the exact same thing with a different item the day before, but the defensive nature of the team + the unhelpfullness + threats of police were simply astounding.

Randomly, 24 hours after we checked out, the trousers were miraculously found in a utility cupboard (that was downstairs, nowhere near the bedroomwhere they were kept, in the kitchen area that wasnt used for laundry - or anything for thay matter - and was checked twice already before we left). The team kindly screwed the trousers into a ball, shoved them into a plastic bag and messaged to say they were in lost and found. 2 hours away from where we were staying.How very helpful.

Luckily our next stop was the Four Seasons... . Review to follow. But they sent someone to collect the trousers for us.

This is our 4th hotel stay in Mauritius and so far Heritage is by far the worst.
Long Beach was good, Lux Belle Mare unbelievably good and Four Seasons another level. Plenty of options (cheaper too) then Heritage Telfair/Awali/Villas - Same resort. Same staff. Avoid.

1  Thank Inspiration541456
Armelle D, Manager at Heritage The Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sad to read that our services did not meet your expectations.

I will definitely share this insight with my team to ensure we are taking the proper steps to avoid any inconveniences for future guest.
If you do reconsider and stay at our resort in the future please reach out to me directly and I will personally assist you with your stay needs. Thank you again and my apologies for the stay not going as it should of.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

My wife, my two daughters and I spent a week at the Villas to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. The staff were welcoming, friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The Villas are amazing, spacious and luxurious. The golf cart is really necessary for getting around and a nice addition. You can phone for the shuttle service but they only have one and you may have to wait a little during busy periods. Maybe they should run more than one during these periods? As mentioned by several other guests, the pool was freezing which was a huge disappointment. The villas are all privately owned but they should make this more clear as we got no use out of it at all. I think they should get all owners to install pool heaters or tell people in advance the water will be ice cold!! Even the pools at the hotels were not heated. The management should install heaters so they can be used.

We were on half board so had a choice of 4 restaurants from the 12 that are there. If you're a vegetarian this isn't too good as one is a seafood one. Instead and especially for what you're paying, they should allow you to eat at any of the 12. Breakfast and evening meals at Annabella's was lovely. C'Beach was ok, not the same quality or standard as Annabella's. We tried the buffet at Savanna's several times, great choice of food especially the desserts.

A very big thank you to Armelle, the Villas Manager, Ian in Guest Relations, Ricky in the Activities Centre and the two Shuttle Service drivers, Naveed and the other one whose name we didn't get.

Thanks for making our stay and celebration unforgettable.

Room tip: Great service, nice food and pools are not heated in both the villas and the hotels.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank jit-the-traveller

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and we are glad to read that we have been able to make this special event unforgettable for you and your family.

We have taken good note of all your suggestions and we will work towards improving our service.

We look forward to welcome you and your family again.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this as a bit of a wild card. We always planned to do four seasons and thought it might be nice to do two destinations. In advance the conceirge was really helpful and made sure I had everything I needed for my three children.

The kids club was awesome and I couldn't fault any of the food. The resorts are beautiful and it's just a shame that the guest experience doesn't match up.

Unfortunately there are so many other issues. Our villa smelled heavily of sewage (which they tried to fix and short of moving we basically had to live with it), when we wrote a tip on our bill we were asked very loudly which was incredibly embarrassing, if we expected him to share his tip with the whole hotel and waited until we offered an additional cash tip. We had someone ringing our door bell at 10pm the next before we left (waking up our 9 month old) and handed me a letter stating I should settle my bill the same evening.

The villa kitchen had a coffee machine that didn't work (they came to fix it and it still
Didn't work), it missed a lot of the basics you would expect from a fully functioning kitchen (vegetable peeler, toaster etc) and very limited pots and pans.

The dress code is in the dark ages (collar, trousers and shoes to even the buffet) and when I questioned the manager he told me it is a "five star resort" in a way that told me he thought that I was clearly not experienced in such resorts - which is very far from the case.

The cleanliness of the resort was another issue. The villa was covered in smells, dirt and stains. Even the outdoor shower was only half painted and the bathroom had ants running all over. Even at breakfast each time I asked for a high chair it was covered in dirt and food and I had to request for it to be cleaned.

To top it all off on two occasions the house keeping took items from the bedroom, the first instance it was my babies blanket and the item was returned. On the second occasion it was a pair of trousers worth $1000, which I had worn once. These trousers when I flagged to house keep were never returned. Instead I was told my the guest relations officer that they have not been taken and if I think they have I should call the police. When I asked to speak to his manager and told him I would not be paying the bill until my trousers were returned he said he was the manager and I should be ready for a trip to the police station. Never in my life have I met such rude and arrogant staff. No apologizes - just asked me if I checked for sure that when I removed the trousers that night - did I check that they were still there when I woke up?!? An absolute joke. What happened to customer service? Their response was basically - we asked the cleaner and she didn't take it so... literally gobsmacked.

It's such a shame as they ruined our holiday and couldn't seem to care less.

Luckily we had another week at the four seasons to look forward to so all
Was not lost.

3  Thank 519abbyw

Reviewed 6 August 2018

A truly fantastic villa on a tough golf course with two 5 star hotels and a dozen different food variety restaurants to feed every palate. The best holiday we've ever had despite a little rain in week one (it is winter in July after all). Everything was perfect and we'll be back in 2019.

Room tip: Hire a villa! They are all absolutely beautiful.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guests,

We would like to thank for your comments and we are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcome you back in 2019!!