Their website says rooms start at $169. There is no way I would pay that much to stay here! I booked through hotels.com and booked two rooms for $69 each. (hotels.com provides little to no support after the transaction).
'Historic' Pioneer Lodge just means its old. They have done a reasonable job upgrading the rooms, but the floors still creak and there is no sound barrier between rooms. The rooms are clean and the bedding is decent although the pillows were pretty lame. The TV is old with limited channels. The AC works well as long as the room has a remote, which one of our rooms didn't have.
Check in was a fiasco. The key machine was broken so the employees had to go to each room to open the door for guests. That was a random incident that no one could foresee, but we also had several issues with the rooms they were trying to give us. The employees checking us in we're fairly new and were somewhat overwhelmed. After about an hour, The manager on duty, Bobby, finally stepped up and got us set up with acceptable rooms. He even offered to comp us a night during a future stay. Our stay after that was uneventful.
As far as positives, the location is the strongest point. It's very close to the entrance to Zion NP, and the view from the rooms is spectacular. That being said, Springdale is a very small town, so those aspects are shared with every other place in town.
The next time I visit with my family I will probably stay at the Best Western down the road. It's $89, but has wi-fi and breakfast at the Switchback restaurant is included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Pioneer Lodge and Restaurant is centrally located in downtown Springdale near the entrance of Zion National Park. We have 40 beautifully appointed rooms in rustic western decor. There is a jacuzzi suite, a one bedroom apartment and a 3 bedroom apartment. On location we have a full service restaurant, open 7 days a week serving excellent quality meals, an Internet Cafe/Espresso Bar and gift shoppe. There is a outdoor pool and jacuzzi. We have guest laundry facilities. Our property has been totally renovated in 2006. We pride ourself in excellent customer service with a relaxing home away from home attitude. We have a 4 diamond rating with AAA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Hotelopia so you can book your Historic Pioneer Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Historic Pioneer Hotel Springdale
- Pioneer Hotel Springdale
- Historic Pioneer Lodge Springdale, Utah