2 people are viewing this hotel
No prepayment needed
Hotels.comUS$283
TravelocityUS$283
AlgotelsUS$353
All reviews brick wall front desk staff concierge lounge reds game valet service historic building downtown banks mirror
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2021 via mobile

Great hotel in historic building! Central location to Cincinnati, walk downtown, Banks, OTR, or northern Kentucky. The rooms were comfortable, nicely decorated and good amenities. Breakfast and service was great. Very nice, large gym. Valet was quick and prompt. Concierge lounge. Friendly staff. Will stay again!

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank srohrbaugh
General Manager, General Manager at Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2021

Dear,
Guest we appreciate you taking your time to leave us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that our staff was able to accommodate your needs and that our valet staff was on point! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful establishment! We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 5 December 2021 via mobile

This hotel is due for major updates. I always stay at Marriott hotels but this one needs work. My room could’ve been more cleaned. Shower door handle was dirty and my towel had strings coming off of it…it was torn and old. Also, I noticed the heat settings for my passenger seat were turned on so that means there were two people in my car, not just one valet driver. The employees were kind but I expected more from this brand.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 904adriennea
General Manager, General Manager at Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2021

Dear Guest,

I sincerely apologize about the cleanliness not being up to our standard, I will ensure to follow up with my executive stylist and our styling team to ensure this is an isolated incident. I also will have a discussion with valet to ensure that there should always just be one person the vehicle it being the person driving to ensure we are following proper protocols. I would love for you to come back and give you a complementary upgrade in order to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 15 November 2021 via mobile

I normally do not write reviews of hotels, but I wanted to save other travelers money by voicing my experience of the Renaissance in downtown Cincinnati. Room was prepaid with my Marriott Bonvoy credit card & booked through Marriott app. Front desk personnel explained my husband has to be present since the room was booked using his advantage number. My mom and I took this trip together so my husband was back home in another state. Please keep in mind, room was prepaid using my Marriott Bonvoy credit card that I presented plus his advantage number. I was not aware there would be an issue or I would have created my own Marriott advantage number. We were treated terribly just because I used the Marriott app to book the room which was linked to my husband’s advantage number. The experience gets much worse. Room was unclean: dust all over bathroom counter, no toilet paper, etc. I could write an essay on the cleanliness of the room. My mom and I are simple folks. My mom has worked her entire life 16 to 66 & we do not have high expectations. We have stayed in Ritz Carlton to Holiday Inn & never complained about the service. Please keep in mind, when I say please avoid this hotel at all cost it comes from two hard working women. The valet at the hotel $42/daily never helped with your luggage, never acknowledge when your standing there with your ticket, and did not even communicate when your vehicle was ready. You would be standing there for 15 minutes or more.

I truly hope this review is helpful to other travelers!! Worse hotel experience in over 25 years of traveling from a customer who even has a Marriott Bonvoy credit card.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, General Manager at Renaissance Cincinnati Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2021

Dear Guest,

I am sincerely sorry that we failed you in many aspects of your stay. I hear you frustration and certainty will ensure that this feedback is provided to the corresponding departments. I apologize about the check in not going as smooth as it should have been. Please ensure that using each others Bonvoy account is not a problem, just ensure to call the front desk to add the other persons name to ensure an easy check in. I greatly appreciate all of your feedback and will make sure that the our staff is able to use this as a learning opportunity as our guest are always our first priority. I would love to invite you back and ensure that you are provide a true Renaissance Cincinnati experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time as I would love to be able to ensure you have a spectacular experience. Once again our apologies all around and we hope to have you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Nicol Shonkwiler
nicol.shonkwiler@RenaissanceCincinnati.com

Reviewed 26 October 2021

This is a neat old building for a hotel. Good value. Great location. Gym has everything you need. Glad to see Marriott lounge open again for breakfast. I would stay here again. Ask for a room with a view if possible, my room looked right into a brick wall.

Room tip: Ask for a view if possible. Some rooms face a brick wall directly.
Date of stay: October 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank EJG4

Dear Guest,
Thank You for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that the amenities were helpful to you. We hope to have you back soon!
Best,

Reviewed 20 September 2021 via mobile

We have stayed here twice, the first time two years ago. The first time was excellent and this time was pretty good. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The downtown location was perfect for us. And the beds were comfortable. We lucked out with a River/bridge view both stays. That is something to request. I would most certainly stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Randall,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am thrilled to hear that our staff was always helpful when you interacted with them! I will make sure to share your review with them! We hope to see you back in the near future.