“Robust menu - good quality”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 2,164 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Labor Day dinner - too many people too few wait staff - so service was slow. However, the menu was strong. Chicken pot stickers were excellent flavor. Cocktails (Manhattan, Vodka Martini) were good. The Shrimp and Polenta exceeded expectations for this Southern boy accustomed to Shrimp and Grits. Ohio has bested the traditional recipe with fresh corn kernels, grilled onions, and cilantro oil. I will be changing my Charlotte recipe to incorporate these ideas. The Healthy Balanced Salmon dish that my wife ordered was terrible. The salmon was overcooked and the sauce was uninspired. If you want "low cal" don't come here. Their menu is strong, avoid the "healthy" options. Shout out to wait staff, Charles, although harried due to a shortage of wait staff, managed to be attentive and helpful.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Sunday lunch with family (our 1st visit). As soon as we walked in we were hit with a strange/unpleasant odor that reminded me of burning incense. No idea what that was. Clean, nice looking place. Good service. What you’d expect for a J. Alexander’s or Seasons 52. My GF’s Margarita was watery (she sent it back). Her steak medallions were ordered medium but came out well done, along with some over cooked shrimp. She sent that back too. The waiter forgot to bring my Brother’s GF her side of Asparagus. My food was good (scallops and shrimp in risotto). Shrimp were a bit overdone. My Tom Collins was decent. Manager came out, apologized for the food. Took it off the bill along with the drink my GF sent back and comped her the replacement drink. He also got the side of Asparagus. Because of his quick handling of the situation, I’d give this place a 2nd try.

Date of visit: September 2018
JulieFonseca, Guest Relations Manager at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hello there, we would like to thank you for your feedback and to apologize for your unfortunate experience you had with us. We can assure you that each guest's experience is very important to us. If you would like to speak with us about your experience, please email your name and contact information to helpusimprove@chwinery.com. It will also be helpful to include the date and location of your experience in your email. We appreciate your patience and hope to reach you within 72 business hours. We hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We had to cancel our initial dinner reservation and there was too long of a wait by the time we got there. We did the wine tasting only. 8 wine tastings for $7.00 is not a bad deal. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. My wife favored the Super Tuscan Red. Wine of the Month Club is a good concept if you live in the area. We will probably return with friends in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

My husband and I decided to try Cooper's Hawk in Liberty. The vibe is a little different than the other Cooper's we have visited but it was a nice experience. We had a nice early dinner and enjoyed the champagne toast for Anniversary.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We go there at least one time per month and love it. We have never been disappointed with the food, service or wine. They have a great wine club which is how we started going there in the first place and that has become a fun night out for us.

Date of visit: August 2018