“Great sushi”

Sakura
Ranked #400 of 2,163 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 15 February 2015 via mobile

If you like sushi this is the place. The sushi chef is great and very creative with the varieties of sushi. I have traveled all over the world and tries many sushi, but this is the best.

Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

We seem to come here 3-4 times a year. We keep coming back.

Don't be freaked out by the "Bates" abandoned motel next door, or the rutty parking lot, or the poorly lit entrance.

This place serves up typical hibachi food and (I hear) pretty yummy Sushi.

Prices have gone up and portion sizes seem to have gotten smaller in the past year.

But, it is nearby and better than the chain joints.

Will return.. Maybe not quite as often

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have recently become hooked on Sakura off of the Rybolt Rd exit in Cincinnati! Not only is the food excellent, but the service as well! I could eat fried rice every other day and theirs is the best! Don't even get me started on their Hibachi shrimp..if I weren't afraid of a trip to the Shriner's Burn Institute, I would hop up on the grill, wrap my arms around them and scream "MINE"!! The sushi is awesome and I can also say the same for the Teriyaki steak and chicken! Their soup has a little something extra...delicious! Best bet is to make a reservation! When you have finished enjoying your meal, slip next door to the Hillside Gastropub for a drink and some live music!!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We've visited this restaurant many times over the years, including before it was a Sakura. The food is generally good, the staff is friendly, and the service is decent. Anyone who used to go to the old Samurai/Benihana downtown will be happy to know some of their chefs are at the Sakura and the pink sauce is the same recipe.

Our latest visit was just me and my wife. No complaints; the chefs were on that night. If you enjoy Japanese steakhouse/teppanyaki style cooking, you will enjoy the Sakura.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

I live in northern ky and have eaten at many hibachi places. I met my mother here for dinner yesterday and was pretty disappointed. I ordered the filet mignon and shrimp combo. The shrimp n veggies were good but the fried rice and steak was another story. The filet mignon was filled with fat n gristle! Nasty! The fried rice had chunks on chicken in it! Pretty sure I will not be paying 30 dollars for a meal there EVER again. Miyako off Buttermilk Pike blows this place away AND has better prices.