Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area
Ranked #13 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 2 December 2017

My experience was very comfortable and friendly. I was efficiently checked in by the staff, and the room immediately made available. This was very comforting due to my very late evening arrival. However, Please be aware that you will need to pay for parking if you are utilizing the hotel parking lot.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We were in town for a wedding and this is the hotel the wedding party chose for us, out-of-towners. It was fine. It had the standard type of rooms, which were clean and a wonderful complimentary breakfast, which you shouldn't miss! Cassandra, who runs the breakfast is a peach! She is super pleasant, helpful and let those of us who like to sleep in get in just under the wire to have as full of a breakfast as those who get there at the crack of dawn. It was much appreciated and helped us to save the cost of going out to breakfast every day that we were in town. And Marvin was super helpful too. He helped us figure out where to go and what to see with some local publications that we wouldn't have known about otherwise. Thanks to you both!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2017

This hotel was 2 blocks from UC which was the reason we were their. My husband had 2 surgeries in 8 days. The hotel was very clean and updated. Breakfast was average. The three complaints I have is they charge 10/day for a refrigerator. I thought that was standard now in all hotels to have this in your room. I guess not! I was also told when booking the hotel offered a shuttle that runs back and forth from the hotel to the hospital. This was not true. This was the main reason for staying here! Upon arrival I was told the shuttle only goes to and from the airport. Thirdly their is a 9/day charge for parking. Some third party owns the parking lot and it is not the Hampton Inns.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Better room, better rate at Choice Hotel. Had to pay to park in hotel lot ($9.00). TV remote worn out, and iron missing. Connecting to internet with Amazon product difficult. Hotel staff not professional. Did’t not correspond with hotel brand. Would not recommend.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 516machelled
Roger F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati/Uptown-University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn & Suites, Uptown University, Cincinnati Ohio Team we would like to thank you for taking time to respond to our survey. The surveys are a crucial tool for our team in determining how we did during your stay with us. After reading your review and speaking with you on the phone we did not meet our goals in making sure each and every guest has the best possible stay. Our motto to our guest is "Strive for Perfection and Settle for Excellence", and in your case we failed.

It is very disappointing when we hear that we did not meet a guest expectations since we are an Award Winning Property.

Again on behalf of the entire team we apologize for the issues that you experienced.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

The check-in process was wonderful. I checked in on my phone and used the digital key. I called the front desk ahead of time to make sure my friend had a key waiting for her in case she arrived before me. We both ended up arriving at the same time and had no issues. We stopped in the room just to drop off our stuff and then left for the evening. We came back at around 2:30 am and went to bed. In the middle of the night, the phone gave a very loud short ring and then went quiet. It sounded like somebody tried to call and hung up. It woke us up and made us both very annoyed. We went back to sleep and it happened again. I called the front desk and she told me that I could unplug the phone. I unplugged the phone and there were no more issues until about 10:00 am. Housekeeping knocked on our door when I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door! I answered the door and she said "Oh I'm sorry, I thought this room was vacant." What? When we went to check out, the person at the front desk could not find my reservation in the system. I gave her my confirmation number and she said my reservation had been cancelled. She was very confused and didn't know what happened, since it was the same girl who had checked us in the day before. This must have been why my room was showing up as vacant in the housekeeping system. Good thing I put the deadbolt on the door, somebody could have walked in! I didn't end up getting charged because the computer didn't have me in the system so that's fine, but I do feel like my safety was at risk a bit. I was woken up by housekeeping because of the error and anybody could have come in my room.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends